Contribute
Register

[Great Build] mini HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bjgo!

Thanks for the excellent build description! Tried to follow it as closely as possible. Asrock Z370M/ITX-ac i5-8400. I have 32 Gig of DDR4 memory and a 3 TB disk. Did all the steps.

Everything works fine (including sleep) but I get no audio. There is no audio devices found what so ever. Tried reinstalling the Audio drivers using Multibeast a number of times but no effect.

Then I read that AppleHDA should not be present and then I checked with kextstat and found AppleHDA. I removed AppleHDA and did a kextcache -i and then rebooted it. But still no audio devices.

If I do the kextstat command now I see the AppleALC kext listed and no AppleHDA kext present.

Any hints on what to do?

Hi bjgo!

Thanks for the excellent build description! Tried to follow it as closely as possible. Asrock Z370M/ITX-ac i5-8400. I have 32 Gig of DDR4 memory and a 3 TB disk. Did all the steps.

Everything works fine (including sleep) but I get no audio. There is no audio devices found what so ever. Tried reinstalling the Audio drivers using Multibeast a number of times but no effect.

Then I read that AppleHDA should not be present and then I checked with kextstat and found AppleHDA. I removed AppleHDA and did a kextcache -i and then rebooted it. But still no audio devices.

If I do the kextstat command now I see the AppleALC kext listed and no AppleHDA kext present.

Any hints on what to do?
AppleALC needs and only works on an untouched AppleHDA.kext

You will need to re run the macOS installer to refresh the kexts

bjgo, could you please test one thing for me. If your Mac done its boot and you're in the macOS menu, could you please use the power off button for 3 sec? Does your Mac goes to sleep or do you get the "sleep, restart, shutdown" menu ?

Thanks for checking

Afternoon (o;

Just got my H370-ITX/AC motherboard today...installed i5-8500 with 32GB RAM on it...set the BIOS settings accordingly and booted from a USB2 stick...

Shows the progress bar with the Apple logo and takes around 20 minutes until progress shows 100%...

Then it just stays there forever....well..did a hardware reset after another 30 minutes...

Is there a special BIOS version required?

thanks
davorin

Hmm..also tried another USB stick and an external USB harddrive...

Hangs at:

AppleNVMe Assert failed: (0 != data)..... ... ... 00002.111090 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot::init: enabling legacy matching

Do I need to modify the created installer stick first before booting?

thanks for any help
davorin

Last edited:
Seems this was the problem

<key>Devices</key> ...... <key>USB</key> <dict> <key>FixOwnership</key> <true/> <key>Inject</key> <true/> </dict>

Also put in an older Smasung EVO 960 just for testing....read several peopels had problems with the EVO 970 Plus...

Well I downloaded the Samsung firmware ISO and booted from another USB stick..told me that the firmware doesn't need any update..

Now the installer went through and boots now several times to finish the installation....can't remember in the past it was rebooting for than once...

Hmm..rebooted now for the forth time...and always showing the same screen then "Installing on "xxx"...About 15 minutes remaining"

Fingers crossed (o;

Seems to be crashing all the time....

WindowServer SIGSEV or something....

Did you modify the created USB stick installer in any way?

Last edited:
Well it ended up in a constant reboot due to the windows server being shut down...

I've set the RAM profile to 1 as well to 2666MHz...but had no kernel panic at all...
the only thing I had to change was the USB stuff in config.plist to "true" for the installer stick...

Could it be that the windows server suddenly shuts down due to the fact I run it with a UHD display attached?

Will try tomorrow with a FullHD display instead....

But thanks for your pointers....hopefully I can soon replace the old iMac of my girlfriend with a recent build (o;

Last edited:
Well after first install it reboots..then I choose the newly formatted drive as boot drive...

Then it shows the Apple logo and progress bar...and switches to the Mojave screen telling me the install takes 15 minutes to finish....I assume the install software has then already been copied over....

After 1 minute I see then the ASRock BIOS screen again and it starts again..

Yes...I use the Intel GPU for the display...have to check tomorrow for the allocated memory...though I wonder why in the first install step all went fine....

I thought fist of getting me a RX580 as the GPU...but read that is more complicated to set it up than NVidia on High Sierra...dunno if I can easily install a RX580 afterwards....but I guess the built-in GPU would be enough for my girlfriend to do simple graphic work with Gravit Designer...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back