Contribute
Register

[Great Build] mini HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkwake=8 for sleep

Any documentation for this? Why does it work?

Hi, there are several states you can set your computer to anywhere between darkwake=0 and darkwake=10.

The darkwake states work somehow different from each other. e.g. darkwake=0 disables it, darkwake=1 and darkwake=2 enable sleep states and power nap.

From darkwake=3 to darkwake=7, I'm not sure what it does. It seems some settings enable sleep but disable power nap. There is little or no documentation on this. Try different darkwake settings to see which one works best for you. On my High Sierra Hackintosh I was using darkwake=2 and sleep and deep sleep worked fine.

Each configuration is particular for each hardware, but it is usually::

darkwake=0 -> Power Nap Disabled
darkwake=1 -> Power Nap Fully Enabled (System fully wakes. Fans on, monitors on, Hourly)
darkwake=2 -> Power Nap Enabled (System sleeps properly and wakes up time to time to do some stuff)
darkwake=3 -> Unknown
darkwake=4 -> Unknown
darkwake=5 -> Unknown
darkwake=6 -> Unknown
darkwake=7 -> Unknown
darkwake=8 -> Power Nap Enabled (System Fully wakes, sometimes monitor come on, sometimes not [don't know why])
darkwake=9 -> Unknown
darkwake=10 -> Power Nap Enabled (Fans & monitors do not come on, system.log show the times that the computer woke from sleep. Time Machine Backup are performed hourly in sleep mode)

Fully accelerated graphic, both HDMIs working simultaneously.

Hi, @bjgo, I'm building a similar hackintosh only with a i3 8100, you think you should change something in the Config.plist for acceleration. The components will arrive in a few days but I'm preparing everything to do the tests,

greetings
Mark

darkwake=8 for sleep

Any documentation for this? Why does it work?
actually, no

there is a book, called "клевер цвета хаки"
it's written by one of clover bootloader creators
not sure it was ever translated to english...
"darkwake" is mentioned only once as "internal stuff, don't touch this"

darkwake always mean a pure guess game
but from my expirience - 8 is pretty stable
1F76B121-E753-43E0-BE9D-95935CD819AA.png

Last edited:
Hi, @bjgo, I'm building a similar hackintosh only with a i3 8100, you think you should change something in the Config.plist for acceleration. The components will arrive in a few days but I'm preparing everything to do the tests,

greetings
Mark
you should make your own config.plist
or at least remove fb patches
my framebuffer patches can cause a blackscreen after boot
(but if you have vnc installed or something like that you will see desktop)
or more likely cause a kernel panic

Can you please provide photos of the opened Hackintosh?
it's not mine :)
so, no more photos, sorry
but you can take a look at any "asrock z370m itx" thread

(my own machine based on core2quad and sierra)

Last edited:
cleaned up the guide and added "tl/dr" section

Hello do you work the audio after the stop? if yes, can you tell me which configurations on clover you used and which kext? do you use codecommander? which layout-id?

Hello do you work the audio after the stop? if yes, can you tell me which configurations on clover you used and which kext? do you use codecommander? which layout-id?
work after stop
not understand. after sleep? sound works great

which configurations on clover you used and which kext
lilu + appleALC (layout 99) + rename HDAS to HDEF

do you use codecommander?
no

which layout-id?
don't use it

not understand. after sleep? sound works great

lilu + appleALC (layout 99) + rename HDAS to HDEF

no

don't use it

No, after sleep the sound does not work, I have to restart to make it work. Now I try to set 99

No, after sleep the sound does not work, I have to restart to make it work. Now I try to set 99
you must NOT have any other sound kexts like a voodoo or appleHDA

try to reinstall all from a zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back