Contribute
Register

[GREAT SUCCESS] i5-8400 - ASrock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming Mini-ITX/ac - Intel UHD 630 - 16GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock z370 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
UDH 630
I did this build last night but with i5 8600k. Used MultiBeast though, and moved kexts to clover following. However I am new to this as of recently. I have done one previous build years ago an i7 950. I lack a little experience. My question is once I have my build complete and I want to modify my config.plist, how do I need to do it? I mounted the EFI partition in Clover and the config.plist there is empty? I can generate one to the desktop and it looks similar to yours, but not quite exact. Do Indeed to adjust the generated one and then use the import feature, or do I need to make the adjustments to the empty one in the EFI/Clover/ ?? My audio currently does not work and I have a few other strange quirks, but overall it appears to work great... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Motherboard
ASrock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming Mini-ITX/ac
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, you need to edit the config.plist in /EFI/Clover. Be sure that you are not booting your Hack off your UniBeast USB key.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
UDH 630
Excellent! Thanks. I made the changes and my audio is working now. Overall performance seems to be a bit better too! The rear audio output on the mb does not appear to work, but the headphone jack on the case does... Not complaining better than nothing and I plan on using a motu interface for the audio output if it works with the tb3...

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The audio output on the rear I/O panel should work if you followed my build instructions.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
UDH 630
It is working. That was my mistake! I went to Audio in preferences and changed output to rear line out and it works better and sounds much better than the headphone port. Once again thanks!!! If I can confirm my thunderbolt port is working with motu 8pre I will post for everyone. It would be nice to know if the thunderbolt port works without mod.

It is working. That was my mistake! I went to Audio in preferences and changed output to rear line out and it works better and sounds much better than the headphone port. Once again thanks!!! If I can confirm my thunderbolt port is working with motu 8pre I will post for everyone. It would be nice to know if the thunderbolt port works without mod.

Did TB3 work for you>?

Motherboard
CPU
I7 8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Any chance in the near future you (or anybody else) can try dual (or triple) monitor?

With dual monitors connected you stays on a dimmed login-screen, no pw input possible. Connecting the second monitor after login works, incl. sleep/wake. Tested with Dell U3818/DP + Dell U2408/HDMI.

Motherboard
CPU
I7 8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Using the same build and was very stable, until i installed the latest 10.13.3 supplemental. Now i have problems with sudden restarts. Anyone more having same problems?

I had to rebuild kextcaches to get HDMI-Audio back, no other problems so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.