Contribute
Register

[Great Build] mini HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the system now installed onto EVO 970 Plus....

Only now that USB.3.0 is not working....

I can plug USB.20 devices onto 3.0 ports, and they show up....but not USB.3.0 devices on 3.0 ports...

USB 3.0 devices like Samsung T5 SSD shows only up when I connect it to a USB 2.0 port...

Also the internal card reader is not working, which is attached to the mobo 2.0/3.0 connectors...

Read a little through the help system in hackintosh tool....seems rather complicated as aI've never done such thing before (o;

Isn't there a XHCI-3.0 kext for this or is it obsolete now?

I assume the card read is just connected to one USB3 port....it is a front panel type reader with several USB 2/3 ports and an eSATA port...

I played a little with IORegistryExplorer and hackintool...

Plugged some devices onto the ports...(USBInject installed)....

I only saw changes when I plugged in only USB 2.0 devices into any port...USB3 devices were only visible on USB2 ports...but from your description that would explain that all USB3 ports are just disabled....as I see 15 ports in hackintosh.....but I could live with most of the USB3 backpanel ports would be USB2 only....could also remove the unused Wifi/BT card...

PCI device ID for the USB controller is 0xa63d...

So I am wondering why I need to test the ports with USB2 and USB3 devices...as USB3 devices are not visible on USB3 ports....screenshot shows USB3 SSD drive when connected to USB2 port only...

On the other side I am very happy the Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus works perfectly....and my girlfriend probably never needs USB3...only the card reader to load the picture from her camera....maybe I find an older one using just USB2....

And I am still wondering why the signature is changed after doing some posts...

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-07 um 22.20.32.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-07 um 22.20.32.png
    865.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Yes...it's a ASRock H370M-ATX/AC mobo....was the only thread I've found which I thought would be similar (o;

And it really only shows one XHCI controller in system profile..being just one USB3.1 bus....
The screenshot shows two devices for mouse and keyboard..one connected inthe backpanel, the other one in the frontpanel..

All ports are working as USB2....so I assume it is really just one controller...

Maybe it is a new revision of hardware or BIOS...as the package claimed it is Intel i9 ready...

Okay..things are getting clearer now....due to the 15 ports limit it is already used up by all the USB2 ports...so no USB3 ports to display....and that's why I have to use the include flag so mouse/keyboard is still working when excluding USB2 ports for showing USB3 ports (o;

thanks for your great help and big patience :)

Keep you updated on this matter on wednesday as I am out tomorrow..

Hmm...as a first step I could disable some USB3 ports in BIOS....as I won't need most of them on the back panel...
though the numbering in BIOS does not correspond to the user manual...so some guess working needed (o;

Okay...this is what I've came up so far...

Now comes the template stripping...but as I discovered, the tempalte already has the section:

"8086_a36d", Package()

Attachments

• H370M-ITX AC Backpanel.png
    H370M-ITX AC Backpanel.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Yessss :)

Got the card reader now working...as also the integrated USB3 port on it (Samsung SSD T5 connected in screenshot, which didn't work before ;o)

Though had to disable many of the USB3 ports at the back...but as I mentioned before...my girl friend won't need them...

So after all, with the dsl template which contained already the right device id for the h370m-itx/ac it was a breeze (o;

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-09 um 10.32.55.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-09 um 10.32.55.png
    800.5 KB · Views: 107
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl
    3.5 KB · Views: 84
Ah well..didn't bother with it....

Works all as expected...only two USB2 ports in the card readers front panel aren't working...
but nothing showed up when I tested them with plugging in USB2 or USB3 devices...

But everything else works flawless and stable...

And I won't update it to Catalina....takes ages to until all updates are through and stabilised (o;

Anyway..again thanks for the great help and pointers :)

The 2 front USBs stopped working after I used the USBInjectall, I think. Is there a way to bring them back? Also, I noticed it says "No mouse found" on the Settings which means I can't change the scroll direction setting. Any ideas with that?

Ah, don't worry. I didn't actually have USBInjectAll.kext installed, just USBPorts.kext. :D Although I still can't set my mouse settings :/ The problem now is that after updating to Catalina the sound has stopped working.. Have you upgraded to Catalina yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back