Contribute
Register

Gray Lines, half of screen not visible (Acer Aspire 7750)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabye - G1 Sniper B6
CPU
Intel Core i5-4590
Graphics
Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys,
I tried installing MacOS El Capitan on my Acer Laptop, and everything worked well, except for sound, LAN and wifi.
I read somewhere that Mavericks worked better with this laptop so I wanted to try mavericks, so I made a USB with unibeast.
Everything is going well, and first setup-boot works fine, except for one thing:
I can't see the right side of the screen because of the wrong aspect ratio? And there are gray vertical lines which make the screen look washed out.

Anyone who can help me with this? - Mavericks is installing right now, but it would be nice to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Tristan

Laptop's specs:
Core i3 3220m
HD Graphics 3000
4GB RAM
AR5B97 Wifi Chipset

EDIT:
I've just installed multibeast, and now the colors are fixed, but I am not able to select any other resolution than 1024 x 786, while my screen is 1600 x 900. Also, my trackpad and keyboard aren't functional anymore after installing the multibeast drivers.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I tried installing MacOS El Capitan on my Acer Laptop, and everything worked well, except for sound, LAN and wifi.
I read somewhere that Mavericks worked better with this laptop so I wanted to try mavericks, so I made a USB with unibeast.
Everything is going well, and first setup-boot works fine, except for one thing:
I can't see the right side of the screen because of the wrong aspect ratio? And there are gray vertical lines which make the screen look washed out.

Anyone who can help me with this? - Mavericks is installing right now, but it would be nice to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Tristan

Laptop's specs:
Core i3 3220m
HD Graphics 3000
4GB RAM
AR5B97 Wifi Chipset

EDIT:
I've just installed multibeast, and now the colors are fixed, but I am not able to select any other resolution than 1024 x 786, while my screen is 1600 x 900. Also, my trackpad and keyboard aren't functional anymore after installing the multibeast drivers.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back