Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Today I finished building my second hackingtosh. Now Im stuck on the following.

Booting using "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" my third screen doesnt work, the two others do.
Booting with GraphicsEnabler=No my three screens work but my HD5770 is recognized as HD5000 series and the DVD player app crashes.

How can I get my 3 screens working with QE/CI, full hardware acceleration, properly recognized cards etc?

I have two Sapphire HD5770's in my system. My three screens are connected using DVI, HDMI and Active DVI to DP adapter. On Lion this setup worked fine so Im at a loss.

Thanks for the reply. Ill try that tomorrow. In my experience it didnt matter if the screen was on DVI or HDMI. The HDMI and second DVI slot share a channel so using one disables the other. It never hurts to try it though:)

I had triple monitors working well with a HD5770.

I used both DVI's and the DisplayPort with an Active adapter, "GraphicsEnabler=No" and "Device-Properties=" initialliy with no string, which successfully enabled all 3 monitors. But shortly afterwards I realised that Apple Store/iCloud stopped working, so using EFI Studio I copied the hex string of the ethernet controller and pasted it as the value for Display-Properties=<ethernet-efi-string> and everything worked perfectly!

Using GraphicsEnabler=No my three screens work out of the box using one of my HD5770's to connect everything to. Only thing is is that the two 5770's arent recognized correctly (5000 series).

I have three screens working with DVI, HDMI and Active DP to DVI using GraphicsEnabler=No but without hardware acceleration.

Will the device properties string fix this? If so where do I put the string? Chameleon or in the Ati kexts?

Active Sapphire ATi certified DP to DVI adapter

If I remember correctly in an older post here that the Sapphire 5770 was a bit more difficult to do 3 displays. Mine are XFX 5770's and I have current chimera/10.6.8 with the MAIN display on the top DVI, display 2 on the bottom DVI and the 3rd display on the DP. Same goes for another setup with same card on 10.8. I never could get could get it to work w/Lion and native kexts. Your probably gonna have to explore trying different framebuffers to achieve 3 displays w/that card. I have bought 2 of these cards http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105003 (1 is in production (Final Cut-Motion) with 2 displays) and the other is under testing to do 3 displays and it behaves just like the XFX 5770's. I picked them up for $80US when they went on sale!

Got it working with QE/CI.

Boot with one screen attached DVI.
Reboot and connect one more DVI screen.
Reboot and connect the active DP->DVI adapter.

Boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. AtiConfig will automatically be set to Vervet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back