Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you very much for the quickreply, looking forward getting the good news!

Sure I can do that. Unfortunately I’m away (visiting a great place Tequisquiapan in Mexico) and not with my computer. I’ll be back in a couple of days.

Okay, so I ran Bruce X a few times last night and timed it with the trusty built-in stopwatch app on my iPhone. Either I'm doing something terribly wrong, or my completion time was ~1.3 seconds. Anybody get a weird time like that?

I am experiencing major slow downs with the BruceX benchmark project on the latest FCPX (10.4.3) and Mojave 10.14 (18A391)

Running FCPX on my 2015 13" MBP (base model basically i5, 8GB RAM) on High Sierra I could scrub seamlessly through the timeline with instantaneous preview and export took 1:30 or so. just switched over to a 2014 15" MBP with i7 and 16GB RAM, significantly more power but running Mojave and scrubbing is jerky and not smooth and export took twice as long. After upgrading the 2015 13" Mojave on the previous laptop it's now doing the same thing.

Anyone else having these issues?

Can you please share your EFI? I am still struggling to get the FCPX to workwithout without freeze my system.

Sorry for the delay here, attached is the requested EFI. You may notice I'm using the new virtual SMC kext. Also I have AppleALC, Whatevergreen, Lilu and Ethernet kexts in /library/extensions. Also I'm not using properties in clover to inject the IGPU properties but am relying on Mojave to do it natively based on a recommendation from @pastrychef in his golden build thread. And re USB ports I'm using @headkaze FrameBuffer patcher to keep my USBs to the 15 port limit. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm by no means an expert and have been relying on the experience of others on these forums. I do have the advantage of being retired so I have time to play with various configurations....:lol: Good luck!

Attachments

• EFI Mojave.zip
    22.8 MB · Views: 75
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1
i7 7700
fcp x 10.4.4
16 g ram 2400
rx 580 8g
bruceX test 5 -17 seconds

OSX: Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1
RAM: 64GB Ram 3000mhz
CPU: i7-8700K
Board: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X Hero Z370
DISK: Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB
GPU: Sapphire RX Vega 56 8GB
Sysdef: iMac19,1

Time: 14 sec

OSX: Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1
Ram 16gb 3000mhz
CPU: I7 6700K
Board: Asus Rog Maximus Hero XI Z390
Disk Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB
GPU : Amd Aorus Radeon 580 8GB
Sysdef : Imac 18,3

Time: 14 sec.

Last edited:
Okay, so I ran Bruce X a few times last night and timed it with the trusty built-in stopwatch app on my iPhone. Either I'm doing something terribly wrong, or my completion time was ~1.3 seconds. Anybody get a weird time like that?
Hello, you probably have not reoved the auto rendering from the preferences and are exporting a project that has alreaedy been rendered that is why it is so fast. Go to your FCPX preferences and uncheck there. Reload and try again. Cheers.

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Hackintosh Razer Blade Pro 2017
GTX 1080 8GB, RAM 32GB, CPU 2.9
BruceX Test 5K - 36 seconds
Hello, can you share abit more of your specs, I am also running a 1080 but MaxQ one and I get much more at 60s! What nVidia driver version are you running? Anything special in your plist or kexts? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back