Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
But as you have found using the iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS usually means no accelerated H264/H265 encode/decode as on a genuine iMacPro that is done by Apple's custom T2 chip.

Using the iMac19,1 SMBIOS should get accelerated H264/H265 encode/decode to work via IQS on the IGPU but in most cases DRM will not work 100% ... see the config matrix in the guide.

Thank you for information. I'm curious, is there some proper way how to test H264/H265 encode speeds on different SMBIOS settings?

I know some ppl have problems with DRM, even with my mainboard but other GFXs. Nevetheless, no problem here. Netflix with Safari, iTunes plays DRM content, streaming DRM content to Apple TV, acceleration H.264/HEVC encode/decode works with Quick Sync on headless IGPU. Everything works like it suppose to.
You are using SMBIOS 19,1 and your Netflix working on Safari? Could you please share your EFI folder? I really wonder which settings are you using.

Yes 2 X RX580/8gb,

Very fast with Prorez, H264 is the same as others 12sec,
but I have no Intel quicksync on this old system
Nice build bro!
May I know that if you have specific ssdt or other configuration in clover for Dual GPU set up? Or just plug in the second GPU and the OS will automatically recognize it?

You are using SMBIOS 19,1 and your Netflix working on Safari? Could you please share your EFI folder? I really wonder which settings are you using.
It won't help you in any way. I'm using custom made DSDT for my mobo and the Sapphire Pulse RX 580, which is officially supported by Apple as eGPU.

It won't help you in any way. I'm using custom made DSDT for my mobo and the Sapphire Pulse RX 580, which is officially supported by Apple as eGPU.
It can be. I am using DSDT too. I can compare yours with mine on diffmerge.

It can be. I am using DSDT too. I can compare yours with mine on diffmerge.
Look out for the new Whatevergreen.kext. It's boot arg will fix AMD DRM issues in 1.3.5 (not released yet).

MacOS Catalina 10.15.1
FCPX 10.4.7
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
i9-9900K w/ Quick Sync enabled
64 GB RAM
Samsung 970 Pro 1024GB
Dual Radeon RX 5700 XT (PowerColor Red Dragon, Bios on OC)
BruceX Test 5K - 3,85 sec

Last edited:
If anyone’s curious about the new 16” MacBook pro

BruceX Test 3.26 seconds

16” MacBook Pro
2.3ghz 8 core i9 processor
Radeon Pro 5500m/8gb
64 gb memory
Catalina 10.5.1

MacOS Cataline 10.15.1
FCPX 10.4.7
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
i9-9900K w/ Quick Sync enabled
64 GB RAM
Samsung 970 Pro 1024GB
Dual Radeon RX 5700 XT (PowerColor Red Dragon, Bios on OC)
BruceX Test 5K - 3,85 sec

If anyone’s curious about the new 16” MacBook pro

BruceX Test 3.26 seconds

16” MacBook Pro
2.3ghz 8 core i9 processor
Radeon Pro 5500m/8gb
64 gb memory
Catalina 10.5.1

WHAT!? Are you guys sure you had Background Rendering set to off in the preferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back