CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an i7 - 3770 and a Nvidia 560 Ti running perfectly as a dual boot on Sierra & Win X. However, as my graphics card doesn't support metal I unable to upgrade Sierra. Is there a way for me to use the internal GFX for Sierra and the external GFX for windows, without having to remove the card everytime I switch.
My mobo is an Asrock H77.

Also will Netflix and Prime video work on my internal GFX
Thank You in advance

I think you can achieve this with SSDT and DSDT patching, to use the _OFF method of your external card.

Is there a way for me to use the internal GFX for Sierra and the external GFX for windows, without having to remove the card everytime I switch.

@jadevjs,

You can disable the Nvidia card in MacOS Mojave by using this method :-

Or you can use the WhatEverGreen boot argument -wegnoegpu

Both methods will achieve what you want, but since you will probably need Lilu + WhatEverGreen to configure your IGPU the second method is probably the way to go.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey - Thank you.
I think pre-maxwell cards are supported on Mojave 10.14 - so weirdly, everything works normally on my 560Ti albeit without acceleration (which is annoying).

For the switching (-wegnoegpu), do I need to run two HDMI cables - one on the IGPU and one on the DPGU? Is it possible to use IGPU through the DGPU?

Thanks again

For the switching (-wegnoegpu), do I need to run two HDMI cables - one on the IGPU and one on the DPGU? Is it possible to use IGPU through the DGPU?

@jadevjs,

Mojave only natively supports Nvidia Kepler GPU's based GPU's your GTX 560 Ti is a Fermi based GPU so it will not work.

It is not possible to passthrough the IGPU via the dGPU so you will need to connect to your monitor(s) with two cables, or move them from the dGPU to the IGPU.

Don't forget to make sure that your physical motherboard monitor connectors (HDMI, DP..etc) match those of the IGPU framebuffer you use (HD 4000 i assume). Use this guide to install and configure Lilu + WhatEverGreen for the IGPU :-

And this guide to configure the framebuffer ports (also linked in the above guide) :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Mojave supports Nvidia Fermi GPUs based on the GF100 chip

Really supported? Those cards don't have Metal support right? So even if there is display in Mojave there will be no graphics acceleration as stated by the OP. Is Mojave usable in such a situation?

Really supported? Those cards don't have Metal support right?

@Jamesbond007,

Opps ... Sorry i was getting Kepler mixed up with Fermi .... not enough coffee or brain fade ;)

Have annotated last post ....

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back