1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

to check out the performance of my new hackintosh build, I wanted to run a few benchmarks.
One of them is the Unigine Heaven GPU benchmark. I ran a few tests but I would always have irregular stuttering of the fps.
No matter what settings I ran the benchmark at, the fps would always drop under 20 fps at one point. Most of the time the test runs at the vsync-capped 60 fps but every few seconds (especially when the test would transition to a new scene) you could see the fps counter drop to 20-30 fps or even lower on higher resolutions/detail level for 1-2 seconds and then shoot back up to 60 fps.

I also checked the CPU temperatures and they stayed in the usual range and it didn't make the impression that the CPU was maxed out. After all, it is a rather modern chip and this is mainly a GPU benchmark..

I attached a few screenshots of the benchmarks I ran. You can see that it basically doesn't matter what resolution or detail level I pick, the minimum fps stays almost the same. I even went ahead and ran a test at 640x480 with lowest possible settings and had a similar result.

Is this a driver issue and if so, what driver should I install or where can I get it from? The official nVidia website doesn't support Mac OS with the GTX 770.

Screenshots:
Low settings at 640x480 and the native resolution of my second monitor:
super low.pngnative low.png

High settings at the native resolution of my seconds monitor and my main monitor:
native high.pnghd high.png

Do you have any suggestion to what I can try out?

PS: Disabling vsync didn't change anything, except that the maximum fps could go higher, but the minimum would stay the same.

Oh and also my graphics card gets detected like this in Mac OS, is this maybe a hint for my issue?

Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-03 um 18.29.29.png

Thanks for any answers!

I tried the often mentioned but hardly ever linked nVidia web drivers and the performance is not (yet) perfect but already noticably better.

Now my minimum fps at medium to high settings is around 29 fps and the maximum at the same vsync-capped 60 fps. So I guess I can be happy with the result so far but I still need to see, if these experimental drivers are stable enough.

Here a screenshot of my current setup:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-03 um 20.35.51.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back