Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I cant decide what to do about my graphics,

Im torn between either getting a 5850 or 2 nvidea cards probably a super compatible old card and a new gtx 460.

Has anyone got this to work by making the 460 dormant while in mac, and if so how on a x58a-ud3r.

Or would it be easier to use a 5850?

Thanks for your help

Most likely getting the 5850 will be easier. Much more "literature" out there for getting one ATI card working. Problem with SLI/XFire is that OSX does not natively support two cards of any kind. I don't remember reading anything which suggests that you can dissable one card while using OSX. You'd have to pull and reinstall it every time you wanted to boot windows or Linux (I'm assuming you'd be using something other than OSX for gaming, if you need to buy a new card?)

Check out insanelymac though, there is a lot more experimental stuff going on there.

J

Thanks for your reply, i guess i could just get the 460 and wait until it gets supported, thats assuming it eventually will!!

It would be awesome to use that and maybe a 9600, use the 9600 for osx and then in windows for physix processing, not sure whether this is possible though.

Does anyone have any experience with using a 9600 with this form of osx.

I encourage you not to make a hasty decision you might regret later. And also to take a look on this and other forums as well as google. There quite literally are THOUSANDS of posts about getting two Nvidia cards to work at the same time with OSX. Just like there are the same number about getting two ATI cards to work at the same time with OSX. You just have to be willing to put in the time to get it working the way you want. A hackintosh is not an entry level computer user machine. Tony and his team have been working hard as have others, to make it easier, but it still requires much patience and time. If you're willing, you will eventually get the reward you deserve!

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back