Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z370 Chipset Maximus X Hero
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
I've been running Sierra for a while, but it seems I need to upgrade to Mojave as minumum (possibly) to run some software.
I don't understand the guide enough to figure out whether I should definitely stay on High Sierra with my graphics card, or whether it's just an issue with sub-optimal performance, but I could still for example have dual monitors running?
I tried installing the Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen kext via MultiBeast, but upon restart the boot-up stalled. Before that, everything seemed to be running okay, audio and picture was good, maybe a little sluggish.
Is it worth persevering with the Mojave install to try and get dual monitors working? If not, for my next step I might see if High Sierra will work, or maybe even consider an alternate graphics card...unless there's a really obvious solution.
Cheers in advance!

I've been running Sierra for a while, but it seems I need to upgrade to Mojave as minumum (possibly) to run some software.
I don't understand the guide enough to figure out whether I should definitely stay on High Sierra with my graphics card, or whether it's just an issue with sub-optimal performance, but I could still for example have dual monitors running?
I tried installing the Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen kext via MultiBeast, but upon restart the boot-up stalled. Before that, everything seemed to be running okay, audio and picture was good, maybe a little sluggish.
Is it worth persevering with the Mojave install to try and get dual monitors working? If not, for my next step I might see if High Sierra will work, or maybe even consider an alternate graphics card...unless there's a really obvious solution.
Cheers in advance!
with your video card, you can only go up to High Sierra

or remove the nvidia and use your intel graphics to go up to Mojave or later

with your video card, you can only go up to High Sierra

or remove the nvidia and use your intel graphics to go up to Mojave or later
Thank you for the swift reply! I seem to recall a message upon the somewhat suprisingly successful Mojave install I performed, declaring that the nvidia drivers were incompatible (and thus resorted to intel?) All I care about in macOS is having dual monitors basically. Would using intel graphics prohibit me from having dual monitors? I never thought about plugging one of the monitors into the motherboard display port, maybe it's that simple? Or is there a kext that would resolve it? Only seemed to recognise the one monitor plugged into the card...

Thank you for the swift reply! I seem to recall a message upon the somewhat suprisingly successful Mojave install I performed, declaring that the nvidia drivers were incompatible (and thus resorted to intel?) All I care about in macOS is having dual monitors basically. Would using intel graphics prohibit me from having dual monitors? I never thought about plugging one of the monitors into the motherboard display port, maybe it's that simple? Or is there a kext that would resolve it? Only seemed to recognise the one monitor plugged into the card...
if your motherboard has 2 display ports either DP or HDMI, they should both work

if your motherboard has 2 display ports either DP or HDMI, they should both work
Hi! After much trial and error cloning my drive back and forth, I decided to stick with High Sierra, and I seem to have it all finally working just now. Just popping back to say thanks for your help man! Cheers.

Hi! After much trial and error cloning my drive back and forth, I decided to stick with High Sierra, and I seem to have it all finally working just now. Just popping back to say thanks for your help man! Cheers.
Glad you got it sorted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back