Contribute
Register

Graphics problem with RTX 2070 and Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ideas on that?
btw, in the bootmenu if i choose my win 10 hard disk, integrated graphics works fine even with the graphics card being plugged in...

My graphics card is actually working. kind of... i don't get acceleration and some apps like Preview will crash or cause unpleasant lags.
My problem for now: I'd unplug my card to use internal graphics. Works great! Preview, Logic,.. everything's showing up correctly and smoothly.
But as soon as I plug in my card again and set up the BIOS priority to use the built-in GPU, the system won't boot.
Any suggestions?
Add nv_disable=1 in the boot args of your config.

Add nv_disable=1 in the boot args of your config.
i can't even get to the menu to enter the arg. as soon as i turn priority to built-in graphics in BIOS, i can't boot from my ssd where mac os is located. i just get a black screen with a cursor.
but I'm able to boot from my hard drive where win 10 is. so, Bios settings should be ok?!

i can't even get to the menu to enter the arg. as soon as i turn priority to built-in graphics in BIOS, i can't boot from my ssd where mac os is located. i just get a black screen with a cursor.
but I'm able to boot from my hard drive where win 10 is. so, Bios settings should be ok?!
Sounds like two possible reasons. #1. You do not have UEFI set as boot option or #2. You install Clover as Legacy and do not have Legacy boot enabled in the BIOS. Or a possible 3rd reason is your HDD that MacOS installed on is corrupted.

Sounds like two possible reasons. #1. You do not have UEFI set as boot option or #2. You install Clover as Legacy and do not have Legacy boot enabled in the BIOS. Or a possible 3rd reason is your HDD that MacOS installed on is corrupted.
I'm actually able to boot from my drive, so I don't think it's corrupted... I'm also able to boot with my internal graphics, but only if my graphics card is NOT plugged in. It just won't boot when my card is installed. Settings stay the same

I'm actually able to boot from my drive, so I don't think it's corrupted... I'm also able to boot with my internal graphics, but only if my graphics card is NOT plugged in. It just won't boot when my card is installed. Settings stay the same
Hello, have you found a solution how to boot osx without unplug the RTX card from the Pcie ?

Same problem here :/

@vinnyamp, @richiejantscher, @gianlucaluisi,

If you are running MacOS Mojave and want to use the IGPU without removing Nvidia GPU card see this post :-

Which links to this Guide :-

Disabling the NVidia drivers with nv_disable=1 is not enough as MacOs will still find the VESA compatible display device built into a Nvidia card and attempt to bind the window server to it. The above linked method disables the the card in the ACPI so that MacOS will only detect and use the IGPU.

It requires a bit of ACPI editing to your DSDT and/or SSDT tables but the method is sound and works well as long as you apply the edits to the correct _INI method.

Be sure to uninstall the Nvidia WebDriver and any Nvidia injection parameters in your config.plist if you use this method.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back