Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Unknown
CPU
Intel i3 4010U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Hello. I have an issue with graphics on my laptop Lenovo Ideapad S510P.
  1. When I boot, and try to reboot - everything is ok.
  2. When I boot, put laptop to sleep, wake it up and then reboot, laptop's display turns off, macOS reboots, but display is still turned off. What's interesting, the only way to turn it on back is to put laptop to sleep and wake it up. One more interesting thing is that display is off even in GRUB menu and Clover. Even if I boot to windows after rebooting, the display remains off and the only way to turn it on is to put laptop to sleep and wake.
  3. Sometimes, when laptop is working for a few hours without sleeping and rebooting and I put it to sleep, it does not sleep.
Sleeping and rebooting on Windows and Linux is working normally.

Kexts:
1578482011801.png

Some specs:
  • Intel i3 4010U
  • Intel HD4400
  • Nvidia 720m (disabled with hotpatch)
  • macOS 10.15 Catalina
  • Lilu 1.4.0
  • WhateverGreen 1.3.5
More info are attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.6 KB · Views: 44
  • ACPI.zip
    214.2 KB · Views: 33
  • lshw.txt
    33 KB · Views: 67
  • lspci.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 50
  • tarik02.iojones
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
I tried to connect external monitor with HDMI. If I reboot, it remains visible, all is ok with it, while integrated remains black. But when I open display preferences and change resolution of integrated display (using second monitor), it turns on. So, the question is: it is possible to change display mode (or something like this) when computer shuts down?

As a temporary workaround, I added pmset displaysleepnow && sleep 2 && caffeinate -u -t 1 to auto-run. Weird solution, but at least it works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back