Contribute
Register

Graphics not being rendered correctly in some apps on OS X Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X 10.9
CPU
Core i5 4670
Graphics
Zotac GT640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings,
I have recently set up a new Hackintosh, and installed OS X 10.9 Mavericks. The OS is working without a hitch for most parts, other than a few apps which have been creating problems related to graphics. The maps app has never worked properly, showing unusual "static" like texture and horribly distorted graphics in all modes. Yesterday, I downloaded an app called "Tuba Free", and the background of the left sidebar is also behaving in a manner similar to the Maps app. A screenshot of both the apps has been attached

Could someone please help with the problem, or help in determining the cause of this problem? I have tried installing the apps again (including the Maps), but they still do not work.
View attachment unusualgraphics.tiff
My Hackintosh configuration (if it helps) is as follows:-
Intel Core i5 4670
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
Zotac NVIDIA GT640
8 gigabytes of DDR3 RAM, running at 1666 MHz

Thanks a lot,
hackpert

I'm having the same problem. When I first built my hackintosh, this only happened with certain system definitions. Now, my default system definition does it also and I can't find an alternate definition to fix it.

Did you ever fix yours?

I've got the static too... but only in Safari while watching videos and once in a game that was using cider.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash... No change. And I notice that when I look to switch to the nVidia drivers that upon rebooting I'm still on the OS X drivers. Only seems to have happened since the 10.9.4 update....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back