Intel i5 6600k
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1080
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Hi Guys!

After spending hours doing research I have come up with nothing and so I would like to ask you guys for ideas. I built computer with the following specs:

MB: GA-Z170X-UD5
GC: EVGA 1080 FTW AC
CPU: i5 6600k

After going through the install process I have come to a halt. I have installed the new Nvidia drivers and had these issues:

- First it would boot ok but not load the nvidia web drivers, for that I followed THIS (clover config update) and then THIS (clover install fix), which gave me another issue.
- Now I'm stuck at getting a black screen after boot, tried this THIS with no luck, the only way I can get through is by using nv_disable=1 and booting without injected kexts. (Checked THIS one out too)

I'm attaching my clover config as well as the nvram file, let me know if you have any other ideas as to what to try.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 243
  • nvram.plist
    1.8 KB · Views: 264
Two things... Are you always booting with nv_disable=1? Are you running 10.12.4+?

Hi Guys!

After spending hours doing research I have come up with nothing and so I would like to ask you guys for ideas. I built computer with the following specs:

MB: GA-Z170X-UD5
GC: EVGA 1080 FTW AC
CPU: i5 6600k

After going through the install process I have come to a halt. I have installed the new Nvidia drivers and had these issues:

- First it would boot ok but not load the nvidia web drivers, for that I followed THIS (clover config update) and then THIS (clover install fix), which gave me another issue.
- Now I'm stuck at getting a black screen after boot, tried this THIS with no luck, the only way I can get through is by using nv_disable=1 and booting without injected kexts. (Checked THIS one out too)

I'm attaching my clover config as well as the nvram file, let me know if you have any other ideas as to what to try.

jscamposcr did you ever find a work around to this? I am having identical problems.

I get half way through the boot process and the screen turns off.

CPU: I7 7700K
MB: GA-Z270X K5
GC: Gigabyte 1070 xtreme

I'm giving this another try today, will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back