i5-6600
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I just finished building my first hackintosh and everything works seamlessly, excpet for my new AMD Radeon 5450 HD 1GB graphics card. I installed the kexts for this card (AMD5000Controller,AMDRadeonX3000) from osx86 with kext utility, after inserting my device ID in both the info.plist files. I then made GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I have also enabled the 1080p mode through multibeast. The problems I am having now are:
1. The display is not scaling to full screen - I have an unused black border around the screen.
2. My graphics card doesn't show up on the About this Mac screen - It shows Graphics - Unknown 5 MB, neither does it show up in OpenGL Extension Viewer
3. When I try to scale the display, I have only only option - 1400x 1050

My Display is connected to the card through HDMI.

I'm not sure but the screen does looked a little stretched horizontally as well.

Please help me out and tell me what I can do to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Untitled.tiff
    75.5 KB · Views: 315
  • Untitled1.tiff
    90.6 KB · Views: 241
I tried using AtiConfig with all the mentioned framebuffer personalities, but no luck. My screen resolution is still smaller than my display and my hackintosh still reads Graphics - Unknown 5 MB.

Any other ideas?

Also, I just realized my Extra/Extensions folder is missing. It said somewhere that I have to install the ATI5000Injector.kext to that folder.

My Hackintosh is running:
- Asus P7H55-M LX
- Intel i3 1156 3.07ghz
- 2GB ram
- 450W psu
- Radeon 5450HD 1GB

I'm going to try that out now. Thanks.

is it weird that if I disconnect HDMI and use VGA the display resizes to the entire screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back