Graphics
HD 5000, 2160x1440
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
All,

I am working on a Surface Pro 3 Hackintosh. I added specs in the builds list.
I still have a few issues, but focussing on graphics. Every now and then, the bottom half of the screen will become scrambled / glitchy. It seems to happen while using Chrome, or other non-apple software.

I am attaching debug files. You will see that both the latest Lilu and Evergreen kexts are installed and are marked as allowed.

Also, I am unable to get audio working if you happen to see what is wrong there.

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_6546.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
All,

I am working on a Surface Pro 3 Hackintosh. I added specs in the builds list.
I still have a few issues, but focussing on graphics. Every now and then, the bottom half of the screen will become scrambled / glitchy. It seems to happen while using Chrome, or other non-apple software.

I am attaching debug files. You will see that both the latest Lilu and Evergreen kexts are installed and are marked as allowed.

Also, I am unable to get audio working if you happen to see what is wrong there.

Thanks!

Your profile has no laptop hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

@RehabMan - I updated as per the documentation, any help is appreciated!

Also, I reattached an export of my debug files. I removed a lot of bloat from options I was trying in Clover. On a side note, the system boots way faster which is nice.

Thanks!

Last edited:

@RehabMan I researched and worked through your guide. Patching the files has seem to resolve the battery status indicator and possibly sleep (still testing but this leads me to believe I am doing something right!)
I still have the graphics glitch and no audio devices. I have generated new log files and attached in the original thread.

I applied the following common patches to the DSDT plus a few others:
Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
HPET Fix
SMBUS Fix
IRQ Fix
RTC Fix
OS Check Fix (Windows 8)
Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
Add IMEI
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Fix _WAK IAOE
Rename B0D3 to HDAU
Fix ADBG Error
Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error

7-series/8-series USB
Haswell LPC
USB3 _PRW(0x6D)
Surface Pro V3

And removed 3 lines of code which was throwing a compile error. The DSDT compiles with no errors.

Also, I removed the SSDT files with "x" in the name, and patched the remaining with these patches
Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Rename B0D3 to HDAU
Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT)
Remove _PSS placeholders

I saved all with the ASL extension, moved to the patched folder on the EFI.

In the config.plist file, I followed this configuration:
Full patched DSDT + SSDTs:
- patched DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched
- full set of static patched OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched (original names as from ACPI/origin)
- add-on SSDTs also placed in ACPI/patched
- renames in config.plist not recommended (they will apply only to DSDT.aml)
- SortedOrder required to set SSDT load order
- DropOem=true

I believe I configured properly. Will you please review?
In the config (text mode), it did appear there were 2 sets of ordered ssdt files. One was incorrect, the other was correct. I removed the incorrect one.

Where in the logs can I see that the SSDT and DSDT files loaded correctly?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Any thoughts?

Hello there I hate to necro such an old thread but I'm having nothing but problems with my SP3 (which happens to be identical to yours @guitarcal) Do you happen to have an old efi folder laying around I can take a look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back