Graphics for GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 760 tower
Graphics
GT 630
Hi all,
I recently removed windows 7 and installed OSX on my dell 760 tower. Everything went just fine and all, but everything is so choppy. The drivers for my gt 630 aren't working, but Tony said it works out of box. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to me...

plz help me. if you need information about my something, just ask.

thx, Emiel

Assuming that you are on Mavericks the GT640 and above use GraphicsEnabler=No. Below that model number use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

This can be set in MultiBeast, you will find it under the 'Customize' heading. Select this option only and then reboot.

Last edited:
Oh btw i installed mountain lion and i will try to enable GraphicsEnabler

I followed your steps and it doesn't work

I followed your steps and it doesn't work

What does not work? Are you getting a blank screen?

There is support in OSX Mountain Lion for your card. You need to be a lot more specific as to the problems that you are experiencing. Doesn't work implies that the card is dead and that you have no picture at all.

How are the graphics reported in About this Mac? Explain what graphics issues you are experiencing.
Check the BIOS settings for your graphics card are correct.

It doesn't improve the performance. OSX boots just perfectly. And I see the desktop as it should, but its choppy. I have been using linux for a very long time, so I know the driver isn't functioning as it should. I tried GraphicsEnabler=NO and Yes, no improvement.
installing CUDA 6.0, no improvement.

oh and i boot in safe mode, because else i prompted at boot saying that i need to restart the system. i just thought of that. but is that the problem? and how do i fix it? i already know it has to do with appleintelcpupowermanagement.

Assuming that you are on Mavericks the GT640 and above use GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Below that model number use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Typo, GT640 and above use GE=No:thumbup:

do you know how to fix the kernel panic?

oh and i boot in safe mode, because else i prompted at boot saying that i need to restart the system. i just thought of that. but is that the problem? and how do i fix it? i already know it has to do with appleintelcpupowermanagement.

Safe mode will give you choppy graphics - that is normal as you are only loading the bare minimum of support for the computer to run. The problem probably lies in the MultiBeast options that you used. Can you list them. the org.chameleon.Boot.plist from your Extra folder would be handy to see as well.

Please clarify your Dell 760 machine is part of the Optiplex models. You might be missing EvOreboot if you used the DSDT free option. EasyBeast is better for the specification of these machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back