Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime H270-PLUS
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
RX 580
Severe graphics glitches with said hardware. Many applications end up crashing when I try to launch them, and some are just unusable because of flickering and messed up rendering. Attached is my config.plist.
In System Report under Graphics/Displays it says "VRAM (Total): 6 MB". I think that seems wrong, though I don't know for sure.

I've been trying to get this to work for a while now, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 235
I've been trying to get this to work for a while now, but I can't seem to figure it out.
You should not expect working graphics with config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x12345678

You should not expect working graphics with config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x12345678
I know that it's a placeholder, but I don't know what else to put in there that won't make it crash. Any suggestions?

See post #3 - set config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x59128086
I tried that, but it just starts crashing at boot again. Is there any other information I can give you to make this easier? Thanks for all the help, by the way.

I tried that, but it just starts crashing at boot again.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

IMG_0800.jpg
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).
Selected both those parameters, this was the last line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back