i7
Graphics
Intel Integrated Graphics
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Over the past couple of weeks, I have successfully updated to High Sierra. I have had this desktop running earlier versions of Mac os for about five years, but I have run into a problem I cannot resolve with the existing forum posts. The graphics flicker, and all the memory is not loading.

I have a Gigabyte Z87 x UD5 th, with an Intel i7-4770K CPU. I have a gigabyte GEFORCE GTX 1050 installed. The motherboard has HD intel graphics which I have disabled in bios.

On the update to High Sierra, I went from having a spinning ball, to having a black screen, and got those issues resolved through clover settings and forum posts, but this flicker and low memory I cannot figure out.

I have the new Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in both the EFI>Clover>Kexts>10.13 and Other folders

I am on Mac os 13.1, and I have installed the Nvidia driver 378.10.10.15.121, enabling and disabling SIP as instructed

in the Nvidia panel in settings, I can turn on the NVIDIA web driver and deselect the default OS X driver, and lock it, but when it reboots, it defaults back to the os X default driver

In the system report, I am showing the following:

Display:
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 7 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1c82
Revision ID: 0x00a1
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? Config.plist attached.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Keith

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Hello,

Over the past couple of weeks, I have successfully updated to High Sierra. I have had this desktop running earlier versions of Mac os for about five years, but I have run into a problem I cannot resolve with the existing forum posts. The graphics flicker, and all the memory is not loading.

I have a Gigabyte Z87 x UD5 th, with an Intel i7-4770K CPU. I have a gigabyte GEFORCE GTX 1050 installed. The motherboard has HD intel graphics which I have disabled in bios.

On the update to High Sierra, I went from having a spinning ball, to having a black screen, and got those issues resolved through clover settings and forum posts, but this flicker and low memory I cannot figure out.

I have the new Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in both the EFI>Clover>Kexts>10.13 and Other folders

I am on Mac os 13.1, and I have installed the Nvidia driver 378.10.10.15.121, enabling and disabling SIP as instructed

in the Nvidia panel in settings, I can turn on the NVIDIA web driver and deselect the default OS X driver, and lock it, but when it reboots, it defaults back to the os X default driver

In the system report, I am showing the following:

Display:
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 7 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1c82
Revision ID: 0x00a1
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? Config.plist attached.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Keith
I was able to resolve my flicker problem by removing the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. I am using Haswell with gtx 950. Although my rig is different, give that a try--it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back