Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a 4530s model XU015UT#ABA. I did a teardown to clean up some liquid and I cracked the lcd panel when trying to snap the bezel back on. After doing some research, I decided to order the AUO B156HW01 v4 1080p Glossy LCD panel from LaptopScreen.com. They instead sent me the AUO B156HW02 v5. I got the HD+ cable from PartSufer the same day, installed the panel and cable and booted up. I was very careful installing and used the disassembly guide. When the hp boot logo and post screen came up, i was very disappointed to see a big red splotch on the right side of the screen, with streaks going down, like somebody spit red koolaid all over the screen. The company said they would ship a replacement, but I don't want to get the same panel if it's not compatible. So my question, is this probably an issue with the actual panel I received, or some kind of hardware compatibility problem?

I had snow leopard running on the machine before the screen broke, now i have an Intel SSD 120 i want to put mountain lion on.

Attachments

• New Panel at BIOS.jpg
    New Panel at BIOS.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 434
  • new panel windows.jpg
    new panel windows.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 374
It looks like a defective LCD.

Download Ubuntu and burn it to USB drive, then you can run it in Live mode and fully test your laptop.

Edit: OK that's looks like Windows, so you have something to test with.

Cable installation is the hardest part. Once you get your replacement swapping displays is not going to be, so time consuming.

@Donkey,
Thanks for the info. I think the issue must be with the panel itself, cuz 1) it does it in BIOS screens, not just Win7/Linux/.., and 2) I hooked the old (broken) screen up with the New HD+ cable, and no NEW issues (the screen is cracked but there is some image visible, no KOOLAIDE!)
The guy from LaptopScreen suggested I update my BIOS, so I updated from F.20 to F.28. No new issues so far, but I haven't tried osx. Are there any known problems with this F.28 or is it just that no one has posted a DSDT specifically for it yet?

Once I get the replacement panel, I plan to document the tear-down and reassembly, and installation of osx, in case it will help anyone. One specific problem I ran into was routing the video & other cable through the hinge. Im not sure if my placement is right, Im afraid it may become pinched by the hinge part of the bezel. Any resources on this (pix etc)?

The guy from LaptopScreen suggested I update my BIOS, so I updated from F.20 to F.28. No new issues so far, but I haven't tried osx. Are there any known problems with this F.28 or is it just that no one has posted a DSDT specifically for it yet?
No problems, it just better if you make your own DSDT. Premade works for 80-90% of the users as long similar PCIe resources are used. One change on PCIe bus, card revision may trigger BIOS to dynamically assign different memory ranges than what's in your premade dsdt.
Here's a guide
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

Im not sure if my placement is right, Im afraid it may become pinched by the hinge part of the bezel. Any resources on this (pix etc)?
Original LCD replacements threads have plenty of pictures but it is a long read.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/37084-upgrading-laptop-screen-1080p.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/54225-guide-4530s-display-upgrade-1080p-update-2012-06-30-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back