Contribute
Register

Graphics don't work after installing Sierra (GTX680)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B75MA-P45
CPU
Intel 3570k
Graphics
Geforce GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

So after installing Sierra my GTX 680 is detected as Nvidia Chip Model 7MB. Tried following this guide, but no visible results (unless I'm missing something). Everything worked fine with default OSX graphics driver on El Capitan.

Please help.

Make sure you have Inject/NVidia/False in your config.plist

Ok, I just discovered that I can't change the system definition for some reason. Doing it with Multibeast, everything seems to go well, but it still remains 14,2 after reboot :(

Ok, I just discovered that I can't change the system definition for some reason. Doing it with Multibeast, everything seems to go well, but it still remains 14,2 after reboot :(

I had this problem and it turns out that i actually wasn't booting with the config i had just modified. Make sure that you are editing and booting from the config on your system drive. Also i saw a good suggestion for general practice.. You should mount your efi partition first, then run multibeast. This helped me solve some problems i was having.

Ok I finally was able to change the system definition to iMac 13,2. The Web Driver didn't load. Then I tried in the Clover boot screen I've enabled in Options -> Graphics Injector -> Use Nvidia Web Drivers. Now the Nvidia driver seems to load (at least it shows now that it's selected), but it doesn't work, everything is as it was and my graphics card is still displayed as Nvidia Chip Model 7MB :(

same with me
I can boot only with nv_disable=1

got gt 520 and same result tried all that i found but still using nv_disable=1 ,,,,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back