Motherboard
Asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 TI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I was wondering if anyone could tell me some graphics cards that will work out of the box with el capitan?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me some graphics cards that will work out of the box with el capitan?

The Nvidia Kepler series cards (GT640 / GTX650 / GTX650 Ti / GTX660 / GTX660 Ti / GTX670 / GTX680) should work with El Capitan out of the box. Actually these cards work from Mountain Lion to Sierra. But they are old cards.

The Nvidia Kepler series cards (GT640 / GTX650 / GTX650 Ti / GTX660 / GTX660 Ti / GTX670 / GTX680) should work with El Capitan out of the box. Actually these cards work from Mountain Lion to Sierra. But they are old cards.
Thanks for the help. I managed to get the card working but it will only work if i use a DVI cable. Not HDMI. Do you know why that may be?

My Radeon 6850 works natively with 3 screens (2 DVI, one DP to HDMI).

Thanks for the help. I managed to get the card working but it will only work if i use a DVI cable. Not HDMI. Do you know why that may be?

Well, I have not used HDMI on my own GTX660 since the monitors I am using (Eizo EV2436 / EV2333) do not have HDMI. I have used DisplayPort / DVI / VGA (via a DVI to VGA dongle) and all work fine.

Are you using a HDMI cable to connect the HDMI port of the card to the HDMI port of your monitor? If not how do you connect using HDMI? What happens when you attempt to use HDMI?

Well, I have not used HDMI on my own GTX660 since the monitors I am using (Eizo EV2436 / EV2333) do not have HDMI. I have used DisplayPort / DVI / VGA (via a DVI to VGA dongle) and all work fine.

Are you using a HDMI cable to connect the HDMI port of the card to the HDMI port of your monitor? If not how do you connect using HDMI? What happens when you attempt to use HDMI?
Yes. I connect with HDMI the same way I connect with DVI. Out of the port on the gpu and into the monitor. When I use HDMI screen goes black after booting. System still seems responsive but I have no picture. A friend and I have tried some of the solutions for that issue that we have found on here but to no avail. Oddly enough it works with DVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back