Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can anyone tell me what graphic card should i buy to have full compatibility?

Except evga 740

thnx :D

Hahaha :p Actually i just opened my broswer to change that to if you suggest evga gt 740 how can i install it :p

Hahaha :p Actually i just opened my broswer to change that to if you suggest evga gt 740 how can i install it :p

You would need to be running 10.10.5 as a minimum. If you are using Chimera/Chameleon bootloader then try plugging it in, the standard installation uses GraphicsEnabler=No. Some of these cards will require the additional web drivers to be added.

For Clover use InjectNvidia=False

Further details in the installation guides and this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/183617-read-me-first-graphics-setup-troubleshooting.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-march-2016.html#Graphics_Cards

ok thnx a lot :D

One more question i can't run yosemite with vga is there anything i could do?

Adrian thanx for your answer.

i don't have a mini display port so i can't use it

i will search about gt610.

Adrian thanx for your answer.

i don't have a mini display port so i can't use it

i will search about gt610.

If you already have a GT 740, then you could try a DVI to VGA adaptor or an HDMI to VGA adaptor and see if either of these work. A GT610 has a VGA port and is known to be generally a good bet for using VGA 15 pin connections. :thumbup:

i have followed customac budget atx guide (i don't have evga)
i tried to connect my motherboard's vga with my monitor which has onboard vga and its like that:
monitor(vga) ->cable (vga to vga) ->nothing
monitor(vga) ->cable (vga to dvi)->adapter dvi to hdmi -> nothing

edit

Actually vga to vga and graphicsenabler=no worked but i even couldn't move the cursor right and blury screen

i have followed customac budget atx guide (i don't have evga)
i tried to connect my motherboard's vga with my monitor which has onboard vga and its like that:
monitor(vga) ->cable (vga to vga) ->nothing
monitor(vga) ->cable (vga to dvi)->adapter dvi to hdmi -> nothing

Direction of signal travel is actually from board/GPU > monitor

/QUOTE]Actually vga to vga and graphicsenabler=no worked but i even couldn't move the cursor right and blury screen

You will not get VGA direct from the motherboard working. Do you have a flat panel TV with HDMI that you can try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back