Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Graphics Card not showing up in System Information "about this mac"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
RX Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,
I am having an issue I am unable to find answers to. I have a Gigabyte z370 HD3 and a Gigabyte RX Vega 56 gpu running with an Intel i7 8700k cpu. I have installed mac os using UniBeast and Multibeast and have had no issues with sleep, audio or much else. However, I notice that in the about this mac section, Graphics are set as Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB instead of Gigabyte RX Vega 56. I also checked this in system information and the same Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB shows up. There are no lights on on my MBD to indicate a failed GPU or connection so I suspect this is software.
Anyone help?
Thanks,
Doug

Attachments

• IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    898.1 KB · Views: 287
Thank you for the response!! I only have one monitor which is plugged into the pc which has my RX Vega 56 card in it. I suspect that the intel UHD 630 is a "built in" GPU.
Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 6.20.34 PM.png

Look inside your ioreg did you seeing your GPU there?

Thank you guys! I think I made a step in the right direction... I now can see my RX Vega 56 in the system information but it is still not the primary gpu used. How do I make it so my Vega 56 is the primary instead of the onboard intel?

Thank you guys! I think I made a step in the right direction... I now can see my RX Vega 56 in the system information but it is still not the primary gpu used. How do I make it so my Vega 56 is the primary instead of the onboard intel?
IMG_1067.jpeg

It should just be the primary, your monitor is plugged into the Vega correct?

no, my monitor is plugged into the pc not the gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back