Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
not quite sure where to post this but i recently installed my nvidia geforce 460 and I'm currently in the process of installing mountain lion only problem is after booting from my unibeast usb and selecting my hard drive after it gets to the apple boot screen with the spinning wheel i lose signal to my monitor i don't know if theres a boot flag i can use to get around this until i install the proper drivers and such or what. :crazy:

(if i posted this in the wrong place please let me know where would be the proper place to post this. thank you)

Try GraphicsEnabler=No

just tried that, didn't work :(

edit: was reading about some similar issues and was wondering if using a dvi to vga converter could be causing this problem, something about mac os killing an analog signal? i don't know. :crazy:

tried switching to a dvi cable with and without boot flags, still no difference :banghead:

i was running snow leopard 10.6.8 only to find that booting SL from the hard drive of an ivy bridge build (like mine) is impossible so i've been trying to update to mountain lion and everything went smoothly until i needed to boot for the second time from the unibeast usb drive to finish the installation.

edit: forgot to mention i was only running onboard graphics until the mountain lion install because without a graphics card it just goes through an endless boot cycle

solved with PCIRootUID=0 boot flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back