Contribute
Register

Graphics card issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after my OSx86tools fiasco, I have now gotten everything back up and running with the 9500 GT card installed instead of my 9400 GT. I was able to use the the NVenable64 and this time the card shows correctly in the System Profiler.

I still do not see how/where to enable the CI/QE settings though. I do not see Quartz Extreme listed at all. Is it that my monitor just doesn't support these features?

It doesn't show, again, read the instructions:
You can test if you have QE/CI enabled by pressing F12 (Dashboard) and trying to add a widget. If you see ripples, you have QE/CI enabled.
It's very obvious, it looks like ripples on the water.

Well, I saw the ripples so then everything is working correctly. My mistake again. I am not sure where I saw other screenshots of people's setups that it showed "QE - supported."

Is it just the 9400 and 9500 cards that do not display this info then?

Apple stopped putting the QE/CI info in System Profiler as of Snow Leopard. You may have been fully accelerated and not known it. Glad you see the ripples!

I'm having a similar problem with my Radeon ATI 4850 to the one described in this post: green or purple polka dots or smears intermittently appear over the entire screen but are most noticeable on pages with a white background. Also, chunks of graphics from other parts of the screen break off at weird angles, as in the screenshot attached. These are the kexts that I have in Snow Leopard /Library/Extensions:
ATI1300Controller.kext
ATI1600Controller.kext
ATI1900Controller.kext
ATI2400Controller.kext
ATI2600Controller.kext
ATI3800Controller.kext
ATI4500Controller.kext
ATI4600Controller.kext
ATI4800Controller.kext
ATIFramebuffer.kext
ATIRadeonX1000.kext
ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin
ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle
ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle
ATIRadeonX2000.kext
ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin
ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle
ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle
ATISupport.kext

I am total Hackintosh noob, but I have been totally grateful to Tonymac and all of the posters on this forum, as my system has worked remarkably well since I got it running with TM's guide and iso. Any suggestions are most appreciated! :DScreen shot 2010-02-05 at 9.20.59 PM.png

Horstman

Core i5/P55UD3R/4G DDR3/1TB Digital Caviar

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-02-05 at 9.20.59 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-02-05 at 9.20.59 PM.png
    762.6 KB · Views: 238
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back