Graphics
Asus Geforce GTX 750
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am recently new to the hackintosh world and am seeking guidance with my first build. So far everything seems to work, except for my graphics 100%. I have attached pictures for what is happening when I boot the computer.

I have tried to follow as many steps, forums, youtube videos as I can and a lot of them helped but I am still stuck in a rut. First, when I boot the computer and look at the settings in the boot args before it boots up it says the "nvda=1" is there which I know its not supposed to be. When I open up clover configurator and make an edit to the plist and add nv_disable=1, the "nvda=1" is not in there. I'm not sure how to get rid of it otherwise.

All in all, I'm asking anyone for help here to get my card running properly. I have been thinking about just getting a new card in hopes to replace the issue. Im thinking that because it's an Asus card that might be the issue but I'm not sure. I got the card from my previous gaming PC that i upgraded to this. If I should upgrade my card I am thinking about the gigabyte gtx 950. I'm hoping that with that I wont have any issues.

Thanks to anyone that reads this and is willing to help me out!

Attachments

• IMG_2702.JPG
    IMG_2702.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2704.JPG
    IMG_2704.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_2705.JPG
    IMG_2705.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_2706.JPG
    IMG_2706.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 196
If you are using HDMI you will have to flash the card with a different vbios because it is an Asus card. As far as the boot flag problem I am willing to bet you aren't editing the right plists.

So i should use vga to hdmi then? as far as the plist I use clover configurator, mount the partition and all that and then go to the EFI Drive then to clover and then to the config.plist. Is that the wrong plist to edit? I added the nv_disable=1 to it and it works.

VGA most likely won't work in OS X.

Your best bet is using a VBIOS from a different card, as the Asus VBIOS somehow isn't fully compatible with OS X WebDrivers. I think you won't have to flash it to your GPU, using Clover's LoadVBIOS feature should be sufficient.

I can't recommend a specific BIOS file since I've never had that issue myself, but you should find some threads here covering that topic.

Being new with doing all of this I feel a little intimidated by it. I kind of want to just have a plug and play system. I am looking at getting the gigabyte gtx 950. Would that be a card that I can pretty much just plug in and use the nvidia web drivers for?

I guess I will order that then and hope for the best! thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back