Contribute
Register

Graphics Card HELP!! (Need to make decision within 48hours)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HackPro
CPU
i74770k
Graphics
670GTX FTW
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi im currently updating my hack as I've been gifted a apple 27" cinema display and as this requires mini display port im going to update my graphics card :) but due to being a student and not having too much money to make an upgrade im trying to get a compatible display port card for as little as possible now I've found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_1852wt_1219

After contacting them i have been given a discounted price of $70 including shipping to the UK meaning that its within my price range of up-to £60 but as i have been unable to find out ANYTHING about the card except that it has the specs that i want aka cheap and has display port and potentially could work as its a ATI 5570 and thats on the list of lion compatible cards :D i just wanted to know if anyone would know of any reasons why this card wouldn't work with display port OR if they knew of a better card instead? PLEASE REPLY ASAP AS NEED TO MAKE DECISION SOON!!

What about an adapter? :crazy:

the whole reason im getting this card is so that i can use a display port to mini display port adapter but i dont think there is a way of getting dvi to mini display port except something like the atlona DP-400 which is more expensive then the new card? thanks for the reply thought or do you know of another way? basically im going for the lowest cost method to get the cinema display to work on my hackintosh and currently its using the nvidia 8600GT

Rkool said:
the whole reason im getting this card is so that i can use a display port to mini display port adapter but i dont think there is a way of getting dvi to mini display port except something like the atlona DP-400 which is more expensive then the new card? thanks for the reply thought or do you know of another way? basically im going for the lowest cost method to get the cinema display to work on my hackintosh and currently its using the nvidia 8600GT
There are mini displayport to dvi cables but I don't know if they are working the other way around.

Just to let you all know i decided to not go with the card above as the one review i found of it wasnt great so instead i decided to fork out a little extra and get a 5770 as this has a mini display port on it already which is what i need really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back