3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Quadra
  7. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all...

I'm having an issue with a geriatric build -socket 775 xeon quad core 2.5g on a gigabyte GA-X48-Ds5 / ICH9 board with 6 gigs of RAM, and a 1040MB GeForce GT240 video card. It was limping along for the past few years, not that I'd upgraded the system since , er, sheesh.... I think mavericks, maybe yosemite -not at home right now so I can't check. Suffice it to say it's been a few years. I don't ask much of the system, it's mostly an internet access and TV portal. But the HDMI output has abruptly failed. I thought that maybe the graphics card died. I can port in to the hackintosh using other computers on the network via "Share screen" and see the desktop fine, and in there the system info can see the graphics card, and even sees the LG TV that's plugged into the hdmi port, but the LG tv doesn't see the input from the computer. I tried other input ports on the LG, other cords, and the TV will take input from other sources -but not from the hackiintosh. Obviously I'm not looking to put money into this ancient build, but I'd like to keep it going if I can. Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks!

Hi all...

I'm having an issue with a geriatric build -socket 775 xeon quad core 2.5g on a gigabyte GA-X48-Ds5 / ICH9 board with 6 gigs of RAM, and a 1040MB GeForce GT240 video card. It was limping along for the past few years, not that I'd upgraded the system since , er, sheesh.... I think Mavericks, maybe Yosemite - not at home right now so I can't check. Suffice it to say it's been a few years. I don't ask much of the system, it's mostly an internet access and TV portal. But the HDMI output has abruptly failed. I thought that maybe the graphics card died. I can port in to the hackintosh using other computers on the network via "Share screen" and see the desktop fine, and in there the system info can see the graphics card, and even sees the LG TV that's plugged into the hdmi port, but the LG tv doesn't see the input from the computer. I tried other input ports on the LG, other cords, and the TV will take input from other sources - but not from the hackintosh. Obviously I'm not looking to put money into this ancient build, but I'd like to keep it going if I can. Anybody have a suggestion? Thanks!

I suppose your GT240 graphics card has a DVI port? If it is the HDMI port on your graphics card that has failed, perhaps you can try to use a DVI to HDMI adapter like this one, or a DVI to HDMI cable (DVI on one end, HDMI on the other).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back