Z97
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All,
I have built my Hackintosh about 2 year ago and it is working perfectly since then.
Specs:
CPU: intel 4790K
Mother Board: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H
Memory: Kingstone 16 GB.
Monitor: HP 22Xi

I want to upgrade my hackintosh to a Retina 4K display @60HZ. What are your recommendations for Graphics Card and Monitor? I prefer hardware that works without any custom drivers, I am not a gamer, I use my hackintosh for development. I care mainly on a decent stable configuration.

Thanks in advance

A 600 series Nvidia card would probably work fine for you. The Kepler cards work with Apple's built-in drivers. Just look for cards that have DisplayPort 1.2 and avoid the GT 610 because that's the one card that lost support when Sierra was released.

In regards to the monitor, if you intend on using native 4K resolution, I highly recommend a 32" monitor. For me, even with a 27" monitor, native resolution is a bit too small to use comfortably on a daily basis.

Last edited:
A 600 series Nvidia card would probably work fine for you. The Kepler cards work with Apple's built-in drivers. Just look for cards that have DisplayPort 1.2 and avoid the GT 610 because that's the one card that lost support when Sierra was released.

Thanks for your reply,
why not HDMI?
I don't mind paying around 300$ for the Graphics card, do you have a specific one in mind?

$300 is a pretty big budget especially since the only 600 series cards you can find now will be from the used market. Since your primary use will be for development, I think something like a GTX 650 would be more than enough. As I stated earlier, just look for one that has DisplayPort 1.2. Personally, I've had very good experiences with EVGA and Gigabyte brand video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back