Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, for most people everything works fine but others with similar systems have issues. It’s a crap shoot unless you follow a working guide and match all the hardware.

Do you have Orinoco loading without injection?

I actually don't have to use Orinoco. I have 2 monitors though. I heard 3 monitors might need it with the XFX RX580. I do use Lilu and Whatevergreen and it is smooth as glass with no black screen at start. I absolutely agree though, it's a bit of a crapshoot sometimes. All the ingredients have to match (model ID, MB, CPU/GPU, MacOS version, etc). One HAS to adhere to same hw/kexts in order to benefit from others successes.

Looks like a single Vega 64 card is cheaper than a dual 580 setup. Man I can't decide lol

What's the best card that's the most compatible for $500 or less?

The Vega cards only support 4 monitors and the RX 580 supported 5!?

Last edited:
Looks like a single Vega 64 card is cheaper than a dual 580 setup. Man I can't decide lol

What's the best card that's the most compatible for $500 or less?

The Vega cards only support 4 monitors and the RX 580 supported 5!?

For the Vega cards the reference or single fan models have the best fan control. Check out Pastrychefs guide there is a VGATab utility to set fan, temps and voltages.

For the Vega cards the reference or single fan models have the best fan control. Check out Pastrychefs guide there is a VGATab utility to set fan, temps and voltages.

What exactly is the VGATab utility? my fan is kind of loud on my new Vega 64 and it caused a random reboot recently

Do I just generate the kext from the default settings and use kext beast to install it? I'm not sure how to use this. I don't know much about voltage and temps etc

This is my current info as is.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 1.51.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 1.51.28 PM.png
    271.5 KB · Views: 68
This is my current info as is.

You can adjust fan settings then run the program it will dump a kext on your desktop. Place it in clover/Kexts/Other folder and test.

There is also a “vegafanspeedfixkext” it’s ready made google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back