Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Yes, for most people everything works fine but others with similar systems have issues. It’s a crap shoot unless you follow a working guide and match all the hardware.

Do you have Orinoco loading without injection?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K 4.9 GHz OC'd
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I actually don't have to use Orinoco. I have 2 monitors though. I heard 3 monitors might need it with the XFX RX580. I do use Lilu and Whatevergreen and it is smooth as glass with no black screen at start. I absolutely agree though, it's a bit of a crapshoot sometimes. All the ingredients have to match (model ID, MB, CPU/GPU, MacOS version, etc). One HAS to adhere to same hw/kexts in order to benefit from others successes.

Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android
Looks like a single Vega 64 card is cheaper than a dual 580 setup. Man I can't decide lol

What's the best card that's the most compatible for $500 or less?

The Vega cards only support 4 monitors and the RX 580 supported 5!?

Last edited:

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Looks like a single Vega 64 card is cheaper than a dual 580 setup. Man I can't decide lol

What's the best card that's the most compatible for $500 or less?

The Vega cards only support 4 monitors and the RX 580 supported 5!?
For the Vega cards the reference or single fan models have the best fan control. Check out Pastrychefs guide there is a VGATab utility to set fan, temps and voltages.

Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android
For the Vega cards the reference or single fan models have the best fan control. Check out Pastrychefs guide there is a VGATab utility to set fan, temps and voltages.
What exactly is the VGATab utility? my fan is kind of loud on my new Vega 64 and it caused a random reboot recently

Mac
iMac, MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android
Do I just generate the kext from the default settings and use kext beast to install it? I'm not sure how to use this. I don't know much about voltage and temps etc

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
This is my current info as is.
You can adjust fan settings then run the program it will dump a kext on your desktop. Place it in clover/Kexts/Other folder and test.

There is also a “vegafanspeedfixkext” it’s ready made google it.