1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Chaps,

I have the following machine running and am experiencing some issues:

Z87X-UD4H
GT610
Mavericks 10.9.5

I am booting with Clover and there are two issues.

Graphics:

The mouse and graphics windows are sluggish/twitchy. I do believe the acceleration is working, as I can make the Launchpad icons wiggle solidly/properly. Also of interest would be the fact that when in the Clover boot window where you choose which drive to boot into OSX from the mouse is rock solid. Only once inside OSX does it go wobbly.

This seems to be intermittent to some degree as well, which is weird. Meaning, the other day i just chose to ignore it and work on some music (the computer is a studio one) although it was twitchy as I fired up, and at the end of the day I realised it was no longer twitchy at all. But the next day when firing up it was twitchy again. has been twitchy for days now and since yesterday another issue has joined in:

Audio:

Since yesterday, suddenly audio will cut out, first on one side of the tereo, then a few seconds after on the other. With a loud pop, pretty dangerous to monitoring speakers if it had been at some level, luckily it wasn't.

To this belongs that I am running an SSL MadiXtreme PCIe card for audio and no internal audio at all.

This machine was working well after my first attempt a couple of months ago, booting with Clover and then Multibeasting the rest into place, but I had to unfortunately start again, as my system drive is a Samsung Evo840 and I had to do the firmware restoration thing as it was going wrong after a while.

This time round I did not do the Multibeast thing, as I found no way of doing so without it installing Chimera as well, which I didn't want on top of Clover. Is this valid thinking, or should I just Multibeast away and put Chimera on top and see what happens?

Also, this time round for whatever reason I couldn't get the Clover to put the EFI folder on the system drive when going through the procedure, unlike the first time round when it just did it. It just wouldn't put it there this time, hence no boot off the system drive at first. So I merely copied the EFI folder from my Clover USB bootstick and put it there, after which it works. Or should I say, boots, but with said problems....

A long description, sorry, but this way I hope someone will have a better chance to help me.

Any help wildly appreciated.

If you're using a Fusion drive, or sometimes if you already had the EFI partition mounted, that would be why Clover couldn't install to the EFI partition. Also make sure that option is checked in the installer.

Post your boot.log. You can get this from Clover configurator, but it requires the command-line tool bdmesg which is installed with Clover. So try to get it to do an actual installation first and then reboot and get the boot.log from Clover Configurator. My guess is that is has to do with detecting the FSB wrong, which is a common problem that a lot of people don't even know about because the symptoms are kind of mysterious. You can specify the frequency in Clover with BusSpeedKHz. For your CPU it probably needs to be set around 100000.

You do have the option for translucent menu bar under Desktop and screen saver, right? If you don't then you don't have QE/CI, if you do then you're fine.

Anyway, post the boot.log and we'll go from there.

Wow, that sounds like a path forwards. Thank you for helping!

Unfortunately I am running around with various tasks pretty much until Monday now, so won't have time to get into this again until then, or maaaaybe Saturday, but will post boot log (if I manage to...) asap.

Right. I have a few moments, so here goes.....

Command line stuff is sort of beyond me at the moment unfortunately. Do I have to do a new, fresh boot that will kill the drive to cure this? Only, I would then have to re-install a lot of stuff, hence not keen if it can be done without....

Here is my Clover Install Log attached. Shows how it didn't write the boot sectors at the bottom. The old one from before said it did(and it did do it). Couldn't get it to this time round at all though, although as far as I am aware I did the exact same things, i.e.follow the Clover/Mavericks instructions.

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log copy.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 118
So I thought I would have a look in Clover Configurator and see what the FSB says. I imagine I have to give it the config.plist that is being used at the moment to display what's up.

So then I go inside the EFI portion in hunt of it and find the attached few....there seem to basically be two different ones, one from the date of the install, but that one is down in the OEM and UEFI folders, and there is an older one from March (? not mine then...) in the actual CLOVER folder.....

Now I am confused. :confused:

Attachments

• configplistconfusion.png
    configplistconfusion.png
    239.5 KB · Views: 104
Turns out Clover Configurator let me print a boot log, so here it is.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    18 KB · Views: 223
....aaand today the thing has decided to shut me out entirely.

I tried to boot earlier, and instead of the usual verbose to Clover it jumped straight to the Clover screen and the mouse and keyboard are dead. Nothing to do but switch off. Same thing with Clover usb bootstick inserted, just a couple more options visible that I can't click on.......

Help......:confused:

So no one on this forum has any ideas on this?? I find that hard to believe.......and quite traumatic just now.......any help vastly appreciated as I am shut down as it stands.......

Seems this forum is as empty as a deserted spaceship..........help......please........anyone ......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back