Contribute
Register

Graphics Acceleration not working on Whiskey Lake 2019 Razer Blade Stealth 13 w/ UHD620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 Base 2020 (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Laptop Specs:

CPU: i7-8565U
Graphics: UHD620 w/ MX150
RAM: 16GB of some generic stuff
Storage: New Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
Wifi: Replaced with BCM94352Z DW1560

At this point I have basically eveything working on this machine minus graphics acceleration including tracked, battery, airdrop, handoff, and wifi. I have tried god knows how many different AAPL,ig-platform-ids and even manually faking it through the FakeID section, I have gotten it to successfully boot everyday but never with working graphics acceleration. In about my Mac the system reports the card as a UHD620 but with only 7mb memory. My BIOS doesn't have the option to set DVMT-prealloc in bios so I'm doing it through properties. I have also disabled the MX150 with the disable-external-gpu line in properties and through the -wegnoegpu boot arg but those don't seem to help. I used the UHD630 config.plist from Rehabmans repo as a base which seems to be the one people on whiskey lake having been having the best luck with. Currently I am not injecting a AAPL,ig-platform-id with the properties section but letting Whatevergreen configure it on its own but that still has the same issue. Anyway, I'm at my wits end and would really appreciate some help with getting this working. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Got graphical accleration working with help from jm52262s guide. i've attached the working config.plist with SMBIOS info removed. Also added info on how to get a lot of stuff working.

Trackpad: you need to follow the instructions here for Voodooi2c. Basically you need to dump your DSDT by pressing F4 in the clover menu. Boot back into MacOS, grab the DSDT.aml file from EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. Then use the directions here to decompile the DSDT.aml then apply the Windows 10 patch and the GPIO Controller patch for Skylake+ under the _Voodool2C-Patches in MaciASL. Anyway that should get that working.

Battery: use the Razer Blade 2014 patch under _Rehabman Laptop repo in MaciASL. This isnt a fully optimal fix because you are missing some of the
16/32/152-bit fields and you need to manually fix them using this guide here. Personally I found that just using the patch for the 2014 Razer Blade will get battery status working but again for it to be optimal you are supoosed to follow the guide above.

Brightness: this was a bit of a bitch but the attached modifed SSDT_PNLF below plus the AppleBacklightFixup.kext in L/E and you can get a couple levels working. You also need the boot arg igfxcflbklt=1 to get this to work.

Sound: layout-id=30 is what you want. I think 29 works too? I injected it through the properties section under devices because I couldn't get it working through the inject option in clover. You can also just use the config.plist i've attached. It's got sound, and Graphics accleration working.

Graphics Accleration: working fully through the config.plist attached in this reply.

Remaining Issues:
Sleep doesn't work. If you try to put the screen to sleep the display won't come back on but the backlight will. Not sure what the issue is but i'm currently researching it. Will update when I have a fix.

Attachments

• debug_3345.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 178
  • config 2.plist
    12 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
facing a similar issue regarding graphics acceleration on RBS 2019
How did you get the trackpad and battery to work?
Also, do the brightness control and sound work too?

@psurya98 and @jt1900jt

How did you guys do the initial setup? I still haven't been able to boot into the installer even using your debug config. What other setup is required?

What i've done so far:

1. Created Mojave install USB with jt1900jt's clover.
2. Disabled PEG with setup_var
3. Booted with -v (Log doesn't scroll it just rolls off the screen) and -wegnoegpu

The progress bar fills to the end (very slowly) but then does nothing.

Last edited:
At
@psurya98 and @jt1900jt

How did you guys do the initial setup? I still haven't been able to boot into the installer even using your debug config. What other setup is required?

What i've done so far:

1. Created Mojave install USB with jt1900jt's clover.
2. Disabled PEG with setup_var
3. Booted with -v (Log doesn't scroll it just rolls off the screen) and -wegnoegpu

The progress bar fills to the end (very slowly) but then does nothing.

at what point does it crash?

I was able to boot using the following guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

in short, i used the following setup:

kexts:

1. Lilu.kext
2. WhateverGreen.kext
3. USBInjectAll.kext
4. VirtualSMC.kext

config.plist
UHD630_config.plist from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

additional drivers64UEFI: [these + automatically installed by clover]
1. HFSPlus.efi
2. AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
3. OsxAptioFix-64.efi [add only if "install macOS Mojave" doesn't show up in clover bootloader]

this setup enabled me to install Mojave but things like backlight, sound, battery, trackpad and graphics acceleration don't work

At

I was able to boot using the following guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

kexts:

1. Lilu.kext
2. WhateverGreen.kext
3. USBInjectAll.kext
4. VirtualSMC.kext

config.plist

1. HFSPlus.efi
2. AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
3. OsxAptioFix-64.efi [add only if "install macOS Mojave" doesn't show up in clover bootloader]

this setup enabled me to install Mojave but things like backlight, sound, battery, trackpad and graphics acceleration don't work

I made a bit of progress, I got it installed onto my ssd but when I boot the final installation to the setup screen it freezes after a second or so then a second later reboots the laptop.

Someone suggested I need to set platform ID but unfortunatly doing so won’t allow the device to boot.

I made a bit of progress, I got it installed onto my ssd but when I boot the final installation to the setup screen it freezes after a second or so then a second later reboots the laptop.

Someone suggested I need to set platform ID but unfortunatly doing so won’t allow the device to boot.

Sorry for taking abit but here is the EFI on my initial install. I double checked and this boots. It's very important that you make sure to you boot from your installer USB because clover loads the critical files off of there.

Attachments

• installosx efi.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 122
facing a similar issue regarding graphics acceleration on RBS 2019
How did you get the trackpad and battery to work?
Also, do the brightness control and sound work too?

Trackpad: you need to follow the instructions here for Voodooi2c. Basically you need to dump your DSDT by pressing F4 in the clover menu. Boot back into MacOS, grab the DSDT.aml file from EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. Then use the directions here to decompile the DSDT.aml then apply the Windows 10 patch and the GPIO Controller patch for Skylake+ under the _Voodool2C-Patches in MaciASL. Anyway that should get that working.

Battery: use the Razer Blade 2014 patch under _Rehabman Laptop repo in MaciASL. This isnt a fully optimal fix because you are missing some of the
16/32/152-bit fields and you need to manually fix them using this guide here. Personally I found that just using the patch for the 2014 Razer Blade will get battery status working but again for it to be optimal you are supoosed to follow the guide above.

Brightness: this was a bit of a bitch but the attached modifed SSDT_PNLF below plus the AppleBacklightFixup.kext in L/E and you can get a couple levels working. You also need the boot arg igfxcflbklt=1 to get this to work.

Sound: layout-id=30 is what you want. I think 29 works too? I injected it through the properties section under devices because I couldn't get it working through the inject option in clover. You can also just use the config.plist i've attached. It's got sound, and Graphics accleration working.

Graphics Accleration: working fully through the config.plist attached in this reply.

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLF_CoffeeLake.aml
    313 bytes · Views: 146
  • config 2.plist
    12 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
At

kexts:

1. Lilu.kext
2. WhateverGreen.kext
3. USBInjectAll.kext
4. VirtualSMC.kext

config.plist

1. HFSPlus.efi
2. AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

So I got a lot of the things working. check my post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back