Contribute
Register

Graphic Problem in Chimera (text doesn't display properly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X Lion
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
GTX 580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

as you can read in the title, the text beneath the images of the drives in chimera doesn't display properly (see attached pic).

IMG_1469-1.jpg

I am using an ASUS Sabertooth P67 MB with a Nvidia GTX 580 GPU

My hack is fully working, this is my last "cosmetic" problem (along with having intel turbo mode work in OSX but I keep this one for another topic).

I've tried looking on the forums and I can't seem to find any solution, and not many people have this problem.

So far, I tried changing the theme, i tried showinfo=no, nothing works, I think it is related to the chimera display driver or resolution but I'm a little lost here.

Please tell me if you how to solve this issue, tx !

I am having this issue too.
Last weekend I was installing to a new drive for creating dsdt etc and disconnected all drives. The boot loader was ok, i was glad that the flicker finally disappeared from the boot screen but after I reconnected my 1,5TB drive that has 2 NTFS partition, and MBR the flickers have reappeared. Didn't had time to look into this, because as you wrote don't interfere with booting so it's not priority...

I managed to get rid of the problem by hiding all my partitions except OS X. I read in some other thread that people managed to get rid of the problem as you did yourself, by unplugging Windows formatted drives, so I guess it's a problem with displaying the labels of NTFS disks (I don't think it's MBR's fault, since my OSX drive is MBR and has 1 HFS+ partition and one (now hidden) NTFS partition).

Anyway, I dual boot using windows 7 bootloader and when I get to chimera I only have my OSX drive which is fine by me.

By the way, does somebody know if there is a way for chimera to "instant" boot a partition?
So far I've managed to suppress "time out" using timeout=0 but then it doesn't select anything at all and just sits there until you press enter. Now my solution is to set timeout=1 so that it boots quickly, but I'd be even happier if there was no time out at all.

Anyway, that's not too bad either,
Thanks for your answer

Not just a cosmetic problem anymore

I had this problem with the default theme, when I'd have 4 or more drives. Once I installed my own theme, it went away.

However, recently I had to reinstall OS X, and the problem came back in my own theme. Not only that, but it's become really buggy: if I have my Lion USB stick plugged in (but boot off my main hard drive), it's just a cosmetic problem, but if I don't have the USB stick plugged in, some of my hard drives show up as CD-ROMs, and if I try to move the selection box left or right, the whole thing goes nuts and I have to turn my computer off with the Power button (can't select a drive to boot, selection box does not move, and eventually the theme graphics disappear and the screen turns into a big mess). All of my drives are HFS+, but not all of them have OS X installed (but they all show up in the menu, they always have).

So far, the only solution I have is to set Scan Single Drive to Yes (I haven't checked to see if it also prevents the "goes nuts when I press Right Arrow key" thing, but the graphics look fine). This happens with Chimera v1.7 and 1.8, or whatever the last two versions are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back