CPU
2x E5 2680 v2
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys, I haven't found anything on that matter so…

My problem is : Everything was running smoothly until I received my second display I plugged into my second GPU (Nvidia GTX980 ti). Now and then I get graphics and UI lags (also on videos sometimes).

I had the same problem before but it was gone (I have no idea what I changed). I don't know what other information could be useful to share here…

Thx to the community!

...Everything was running smoothly until I received my second display I plugged into my second GPU (Nvidia GTX980 ti). ...

Hmmm, a bit confusing to me. Was it TWO GPUs or TWO DISPLAYS plugged in to ONE GPU? My old GTX980 ran two monitors just fine.

Mac OS X does not support SLI in case you were also trying to get that to work.

I’ve got 2 displays connected to 2 GPUs. I know SLI doesn’t work on macOS. But I guess it doesn’t matter, as you say one GPU would do fine for the 2 displays. Yet I got it to work like a charm until I connected the second screen...

Also, I'm using Premiere Pro for video editing, and Open CL doesn't seem to work, but no problem with Metal or CUDA, just an annoying lag in the video preview sometimes, without doing anything specific.

Last edited:
Actually now I'm using only one of my two GPUs with the dual screen and it works like a charm, but now only with Open CL, no more Metal or CUDA! I just have usb 3 issues still…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back