Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Graphic glitches Intel UHD 630 (e.g. safari tabs & Chrome) on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge AC
CPU
Intel i7-9700K (Coffee Lake)
Graphics
Intel UHD 630 (GeForce RTX 2060)
Hi,

I’ve successfully installed Catalina Hackintosh on my system (see signature). Everything works great (resolution, network, sound, USB ports and more). The only thing that is a bit off is the accelerated graphics.

I have a dedicated Geforce card (RTX) which isn’t supported at all in MacOS, especially not Catalina, so I’ve disabled it using WhateverGreen boot flag “-wegnodgpu”. I’m using a display port cable from my onboard graphics to my DELL monitor (27” 2560x1440). “About this Mac” shows “Intel UHD Graphics 630 14 MB” but I’ve set it to 64 MB in bios. It shows the correct resolution and I have the correct resolution (2560x1440) but "About my Mac" shows a 41" inch monitor (mine is 27"). It shows a iMac 21.5-inch 2017 with a 3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9. I’ve used the iMac 18,1 preset in Clover Updater. It looks fine except the graphics memory showing 14 instead of 64 MB.

The glitches are mainly in Chrome and the browser tabs in Safari. But when I search for images in Google Chrome it’s also very glitchy and laggy.

I’ve followed the WhateverGreen FAQ here: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

When I removed all injection flags, all DSDTs, all properties etc the graphics did not start (I just got a teal screen with some random graphic artefacts). I added the boot flag “igfxframe=0x59160000” (I got the value from the WhateverGreen FAQ) and with this it booted.

But still no graphic acceleration.

I’ve read many threads with faked ids, Framebuffer patches, Hackintool patching etc but none have worked so I’ve always tried to keep my EFI and config pretty clean to not mess up stuff.

I’ve posted my config.plist here. Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Solved it. The problem was that I have a i7-9700K (I somehow remembered i7-7700K). So the architecture is Coffee Lake, not Kaby Lake. When I changed to igfxframe=0x3E9B0007 (recommended for Coffee Lake) it works flawlessly. It's worth noting that I also had to disable DisplayPort 1.2 on my monitor (revert back to 1.1a) - otherwise I just got a black screen (still a signal but no picture). Now my Graphics shows up as "Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB" in "About This Mac". No glitches, full acceleration and a fully snappy OS X. Cheers!

Solved it. The problem was that I have a i7-9700K (I somehow remembered i7-7700K). So the architecture is Coffee Lake, not Kaby Lake. When I changed to igfxframe=0x3E9B0007 (recommended for Coffee Lake) it works flawlessly. It's worth noting that I also had to disable DisplayPort 1.2 on my monitor (revert back to 1.1a) - otherwise I just got a black screen (still a signal but no picture). Now my Graphics shows up as "Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB" in "About This Mac". No glitches, full acceleration and a fully snappy OS X. Cheers!
Hi,
Could you explain how do I change the igfxframe ?
I’m really noob here. :)
Tx

Could you explain how do I change the igfxframe ?

You can do it with Clover Configurator :

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 14.49.25.png

thanks P1LGRIM!
I will give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back