Contribute
Register

Graphic card Modded, working on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ok :p

but how u manage for this single score?
or maybe the video card make a difference?

in any case I have always minimum 6 or 10 cores at the max so the single core :p :p :p

but I still don't understand why I cannot launch CUDA and METAL test
maybe the fact that 2 video cards is not so appreciated...?

with the 2 video cards:
1/ if I have the hype threading activated (bios): I cannot open the Nvidia web driver manager, but the acceleration is ok
2/ if I turn off the HT: I can have the Nvidia manager,

on both of them I can't launch the GB computing

but on Luxmark it is OK,
and GB is just a test so not a problem ;)

oh ok :p

but how u manage for this single score?
or maybe the video card make a difference?

in any case I have always minimum 6 or 10 cores at the max so the single core :p :p :p

but I still don't understand why I cannot launch CUDA and METAL test
maybe the fact that 2 video cards is not so appreciated...?

with the 2 video cards:
1/ if I have the hype threading activated (bios): I cannot open the Nvidia web driver manager, but the acceleration is ok
2/ if I turn off the HT: I can have the Nvidia manager,

on both of them I can't launch the GB computing

but on Luxmark it is OK,
and GB is just a test so not a problem ;)

Sorry but I can't collaborate on that cause I haven't disable the hyper threading nor my rig experience its w/ one card,
But as far GB4 I did a recent update on the apps and those were my recent results. In my case also Nvidia manager console won't load, as far as I know its a driver issue, but know that you mention those findings about hyper threading thats something to look into it. But as it is my card its working great on Danvici, iMovie and Xilisoft Video COnveter Ultimate as well Movavi Video Converter. Here is my most recent Unigine Valley Benchmark.

Unigine-2711.png

thx The Veteran

yes you are definitely right and as I said,
GB4 is great but it is just a tool
the fact that I cannot computing it was just by curiosity

but as regular use: for my photogrammetry 3D, virtual reality / mixed reality under NUKE
everything is rock stable and efficient

also I don't turn off the HT or only on upgrade of the Mac OS
and installing the new Nvidia driver

btw, I saw that some programs as Safari, or also finder, with HT on (so Nvidia manager turned off)
i have some artefacts but not plenty and it is rare
a reboot of the program or finder and it comes back as normal

not a huge problem indeed

This is another sign that my GTX 980Ti its working nice on SIERRA

Octane-137.41.png

This is
only one card

UUUYYYYY, Titan Xp coming soon at a nearest door of my house stay tune. I order one my self never were a fan of a expensive card but some how this time around I got convince.

Nvidia.JPG

Well today I got my Titan Xp in. Did the unboxing and installed on the OS X Sierra setup that I have and everything went so smooth that I can't ask for a better way, Thanks to the new Nvidia web driver to support the PASCAL graphics.

Well this was my PERSONAL experience installing the card:

Before pulling my 980Ti, I boot up to my Sierra Desktop download the driver from Nvidia web site, installed the driver on my setup w/ the 980Ti on it ask me to reboot like always and did that, after got to the desktop w/ everything working like normal, shut down the computer, pull out the 980Ti and install my Titan Xp boot up and while booting some flicking went on but not hiccup to worry about and wala back to the desktop like my regular 980Ti did and done till today. Did have to run the AGDPfix or any other setup on my config.plist file. And here are my results for you to see.

TitanXp-1.png

TitanXp2.png TitanXp3.png

Xp-CudaInf.png

Last edited:
Well I also ran GB4 CUDA, Metal but OpenCL didn't run no scores results for OpenCL, but the other two here are the results. Also I did heaven Bench.

Heaven3220.png GB4-TXpTest.png

Congrats Veterent.

Have you done any 980ti vs Titan xp comparisons in FCP X? Would be most delicious :)

I was going to but before I pull the 980Ti, I went to the FCP X web site sign up and everything but the file that has the benchmark I didn't find it, so I went ahead and pull the card and installed the Titan and the rest of the story its above this post.

I will try again to go to the FCP web site to see if I get better shot this time and test the TITAN Xp but, by judging the OpenCL test that I did try to run at the GB4 w/ out a success I'm not to confident that it will do any good. Final Cut Pro app its more settable for AMDs cards, Apples hasn't tweak the App for Nvidia card like AMD, I could be wrong on my Asuncion.

Sorry guys but I don't use Final Cut Pro, I use Davinci, later I may buy the program and check it out, when they decide to give a fair share to NVIDIA cards support like they should in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back