E5 2696v4
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, like the title said a modd EVGA 980Ti hybrid working on Sierra:

This is an EVGA 980Ti bios modd to Clock Speed:1506, Memory to: 3648 x 2=(7296), Boost OFF, TDP to 325W, voltage to 1.225, ANSIC quality: 74.6%, so there is the results and example of CUDA-z and CUDA benchmark on GB-4.

Attachments

• GB4-Cuda-169127.png
    GB4-Cuda-169127.png
    472.6 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
YEAH
next step:
My rig of 2 TITAN X watercooled,
let see what can be done with those twins...

Just flash one first and see how the settings adapted to it. But I suggest to use the original bios of each card to work on

Yes, like the title said a modd EVGA 980Ti hybrid working on Sierra:

This is an EVGA 980Ti bios modd to Clock Speed:1506, Memory to: 3648 x 2=(7296), Boost OFF, TDP to 325W, voltage to 1.225, ANSIC quality: 74.6%, so there is the results and example of CUDA-z and CUDA benchmark on GB-4.

Veterant,

I have an EVGA GTX 980 Ti on my first Hackintosh that I just put together. How did you overclock your GPU in Sierra? Can you get me step by step instructions? I am a total noob at this whole hackintosh thing. Is the setting all done in BIOS? I have a GIGABYTE GA-Z270X GAMING 5.

Yes you are right all the settings and magic are done in bios, but the vbios, the grafic card bios. Do a google search for modded grafic card bios and that should take you a site that you can request for a modd vbios ( this is done at your own risk )

Oh, Jesus in heaven

I forgot to mention, on the modded request vbios the option boost turbo has to be OFF so the card can maintain the core clock in OSX otherwise the card will boost to its original boost clock from factory regardless the vbios is modded to a higher clock in windows

Ok let me be clear on this, and I will like some Moderator and experience MAC user to correct me if I'm wrong on what I'm about to posted here.

This thread it's not guide neither how to modd a vBios, but a thread to ask where I can get the info from or post some results on variation w/ different Graphics card and CUDA drivers or kexts in this case.

Now from my humble advice to who ever willing to go this route.
-First, OC your graphic card on Windows w/ any OC utility of your taste and TEST on Windows for performance, heat and throttle.
-Second, Know your card limitations as far as voltage, heat and BOOST CLOCK speed, so knowing all this information when you go to ask someone to modd the vBios for you or you willing to do it yourself then you can use this info as of a base line to go from.
-Third, know your ANSIC's card %, so you can use that to match voltage and Boost clock on your card. and I mean w/ this, in my case my card has an ANSIC of 74% (that's the quality of the GPU waffle) the higher ANSIC the least voltage use to obtain a 1532 Boost Clock for instance. So w/ this I mean not to go all crazy and clock the hell out of the card, cause that it's not the point at least from my end point.

The end point of this is on OSX, you use a Nvidia card at stock clock speed and you do some benchmark and the card it depends how you have the power management setup and configure on you card will boost to the factory preset clock or even lower, cause 900 series card are not support it completely on Mac, so by modding the vBios you can gain some good results but at a cause to DISABLE the Boost Speed on vBios, that mean that the card has to run at all time w/ the voltage preset to maintained that CLOCK Speed and the clock speed will stay at that preset at all time. For those that use power management to sleep theirs computer don't know if this will cause a problem down the road, My self I don't sleep my computer, when she goes to sleep I do the same. I hope this tips and advice will help anyone on determine on making a good and knowledgeable decision, on how much OC I will go with and voltage. GOOD LUCK!

YEAH
next step:
My rig of 2 TITAN X watercooled,
let see what can be done with those twins...

Hey guy, yes @ GDS, have done anything to modd the vBios on your grafics card, let me know I want to see some bench, that was the purpose of this thread. You came up w/ the IDEA. So here I'm.

Hello

sorry for my silence
pretty busy

my hack is fully OK
now i will see for next week to OC the 2 cards on W$
i will take 70% or 80% of the gain at fully stable that i will find for each
i am not crazy it is a workstation not a PC for gaming so reliability and stability first

i will take my time,
not afraid to brick the cards cause 2 cards it is great to boot on the one we want and put the old bios
only to not play too much as i need to work with the hack

i will let you know
for now the 2 x 12GB of the 2 titan X are fully used on my programs
and the difference of t°C of water before and after the cards is from 5 to 7 °C
and with 8l/min and the short lenght
it is HUGE :D
the temperature of the water is still correct, at 100% of use i have 35°C max

i will control it when i will OC but i have plenty of ressources and a 360mms rad ready to install :D
but the OC of 2 titan X i think it will roxxx

btw i cannot use the test computing on geekbench to see my score on the cuda 2 titan x someone had this pb?
only CPU one
which is not bad with the advices of Okrasit to have 44 threads at 2,8GHz

Capture d’écran 2017-04-02 à 04.42.17.png

PS
as the veteran said, and i full agree with him
it is not a guide or a "how to"
as if your hack is not stable this will not make any differences or worst situation i guess :p

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-04-02 à 04.42.17.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-04-02 à 04.42.17.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 187
Well this is my most recent Benchmarks with GB4 on METAL and CUDA
Also I will be posting my most recent GB4 CPU benchmark for your compare

Cuda-168775.png Metal-86000.png GB4-4337-45665.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back