CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
R9 270x
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
Guys my graphic card has just stopped working and i am looking for one, my budget is around 10-20k(INR), will probably buy online or maybe go to janakpuri district center or even nehru place, new delhi, India . It will be used mainly for video editing or recording/streaming and maybe some light gaming once in a while, also there will be 2 monitors and a Full HD tv attached.
Here are my PC Specs
i5 2400
16 GB RAM
Gigabyte B75-D3H motherboard

Here's the card most commonly used with success in this community. Will work with High Sierra or Mojave/Catalina. Newer AMD cards like the 5600 XT only work with Catalina or Big Sur and not older versions.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B071CPJZSX/

Will the RX 550 Pulse work? Looking for something low end but future proof-ish

Will the RX 550 Pulse work? Looking for something low end but future proof-ish
Some 550s work, most don't. The ones with 640 shaders, also called stream processors, usually work. This is because they have Polaris based cores, not Lexa. True 550s have Lexa cores and 512 shaders.

Some 550s work, most don't. The ones with 640 shaders, also called stream processors, usually work. This is because they have Polaris based cores, not Lexa. True 550s have Lexa cores and 512 shaders.

Thanks. According to this site it’s a Lexa :(

Any other low budget (under 100$) alternatives?

Any other low budget (under 100$) alternatives?
To stay under 100 USD for a supported AMD card requires buying used on places like Ebay. That can work or not, have to know something about the seller and how the card was used. Try searching for some older 460s/70s or even some RX 570s can be bought for under 100.

Screen_Shot_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back