Contribute
Register

Graphic card for Sierra (Old one is GT520)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
GeForce GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,
I just installed Sierra and I can see that my actual graphic card, NVidia GT520 won't work.
I am then looking for advices to buy a new one that work with it. I am using usually two monitors (maybe three in the future), for audio and photography, no gaming. so I am wondering if the GT710 or the 730 will work on Sierra OOB?
Otherwise is there any other silent options?
Many thanks.

Hi, @lamacchiacosta . I can confirm that the GT 730 works OOB with Sierra. I am using this video card for more than one year now.

However, at the moment, I've failed to make it work under High Sierra (see my post here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-msi-geforce-gt730-nightmare.234146/) and I am not the only person, even on real macs. So there's a good chance that you will be stuck with the update to high sierra too ; you're probably right to be very careful before buying a new card :)

My GT 710 needed the Web Driver in Sierra because of the non standard port layout. In High Sierra it works without the web drivers.

Thanks a lot for your answers.
I ended up getting a GT710. I couldn't see much difference with the 730 and costs half the price.
Just installed and all seems working correctly.
Thanks a lot guys!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back