Contribute
Register

Graphic Card advice for FCP X - GTX 560 vs HD 6870 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
......that said, I have heard that alot of people have had success with the Sapphire 6870 though. The XFX seems to have a different framebuffer than all the other cards, wich is miles over my head to fix. I have read for hrs every day for weeks, but cant seem to solve it.

It might be that you can get the Sapphire or AMD to work though :)

Oh plzzzz, don't let one user's problem with his setup discourage you from the 6870. (Check out the old tonymac forum and you'll see 6870 is a solid card.)

I'm using an XFX 6870 (dual fan). All this card needs is GraphicsEnabler=Yes and I've gone through upgrades from OSX 10.6.x to 10.7.x and now running 10.8.

It doesn't get any easier than that. I don't have any custom kexts, nor custom injection or editing plists and device IDs that other users go through with their cards.

Good luck with your choice.

Oh plzzzz, don't let one user's problem with his setup discourage you from the 6870. (Check out the old tonymac forum and you'll see 6870 is a solid card.)

I'm using an XFX 6870 (dual fan). All this card needs is GraphicsEnabler=Yes and I've gone through upgrades from OSX 10.6.x to 10.7.x and now running 10.8.

It doesn't get any easier than that. I don't have any custom kexts, nor custom injection or editing plists and device IDs that other users go through with their cards.

Good luck with your choice.
+1 :clap:

I do know that some have had success with the XFX card, but the majority don't. So its not a good buying advice anyhow. I have tried clean installs and a thousand different ways to solve it with no success.

I will return the card and get a new one, if it is as smooth as powerpcg5 claims I will be very happy.

Well I sure hope the HD 6870 isn't problematic. i've got one in the mail on the way to me right now. I picked it up for cheap so it was hard to resist. It's a Sapphire, though.

Well, I heard from XFX that it was known issue with apple. I think the Sapphire will be good though ;) I have read about lots of happy Sapphire users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back