i5 - 10600K
Graphics
RX 5600XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
So I'm looking forward to build my first Hackintosh (electronic engineer, long-time mac-user) and I was wondering: I love Mojave, I think is one of my favorite OS, but: Are 5000 series GPUs compatible with Mojave (10.14.6)? In Buyer's Guide says 5700 and 5700XT are only for 10.15+, but what about 5500 or 5600?

Any advice would be appreciated, there is no huge info on the buyer's guide about which AMD series completely works.
Also, I found the guide at dortania's (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/), it has a GPU buyer's Guide but couldn't decipher if every 5000 series is compatible with Mojave.

And... If they're not, can I buy an RX 590 (Vega series are kinda expensive)? Or should I forget about it and go with the flow expecting to upgrade to Big Sur?

Hello,
So I'm looking forward to build my first Hackintosh (electronic engineer, long-time mac-user) and I was wondering: I love Mojave, I think is one of my favorite OS, but: Are 5000 series GPUs compatible with Mojave (10.14.6)? In Buyer's Guide says 5700 and 5700XT are only for 10.15+, but what about 5500 or 5600?

Any advice would be appreciated, there is no huge info on the buyer's guide about which AMD series completely works.
Also, I found the guide at dortania's (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/), it has a GPU buyer's Guide but couldn't decipher if every 5000 series is compatible with Mojave.

And... If they're not, can I buy an RX 590 (Vega series are kinda expensive)? Or should I forget about it and go with the flow expecting to upgrade to Big Sur?
The RX 5000 series graphics cards are only supported on MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 and above. They have no support on Mojave.

If you want to run Mojave you can use a RX 570 / RX 580 / RX 590.

Thank you so much.
I'll try to find an RX 590 then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back