Contribute
Register

GPU that will work OOB that is also silent for music studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Ok,he can’t upgrade to mojave so? In my experience nvidia gpu can drive monitors that amd can’t

Really? You need to ask why???
  • It's uncertain if Nvidia will have any support for macOS beyond High Sierra. (This should be reason enough.)
  • Even when Nvidia web drivers were available, installing and updating macOS was much more of a PITA with an Nvidia card.
  • Nvidia has a history of buggy web drivers. (Search for High Sierra UI lag from 10.13.0-10.13.3.)
  • Complete lack of communications with users regarding status Mojave drivers.

Only an absolute zealot would recommend an Nvidia card for use with macOS at this point.

Really? You need to ask why???
  • It's uncertain if Nvidia will have any support for macOS beyond High Sierra. (This should be reason enough.)
  • Even when Nvidia web drivers were available, installing and updating macOS was much more of a PITA with an Nvidia card.
  • Nvidia has a history of buggy web drivers. (Search for High Sierra UI lag from 10.13.0-10.13.3.)
  • Complete lack of communications with users regarding status Mojave drivers.

Only an absolute zealot would recommend an Nvidia card for use with macOS at this point.
ok i apologize for the question.
In my case i use them to drive medical monitors that usually doesn’t work on mac

ok i apologize for the question.
In my case i use them to drive medical monitors that usually doesn’t work on mac

That sounds like a pretty special use case... I don't have any experience with medical monitors so I can't tell you how well the current gen AMD video cards work wit them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back