Contribute
Register

gpu temperature info rx 580 8gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is what he means as I've seen this advice several times, but iMacPro1,1 is first for Intel Xeon Skylake CPU without iGPU, which is quite far from our i7 Coffe Lake (Refresh in my case) CPU. For me using iGPU is not mandatory but I use it now to help the dGPU to stay cooler (which is not really a success...).
Maybe iMacPro1,1 handles graphic power management for RX 500 cards better than iMac19,x but I have doubts about that as iMacPro1,1 only has Vega while iMac19,x has plenty of RX 500 dGPU.

I agree, it would not seem logical. But again, if anyone can show data that GPU power management is better, I'd give it a try. Until then I prefer not to change SMBIOS because of issues with account reactivation.

iMac Pro (2017)
Just switching to iMacPro doesn't change the behaviour of my RX570.
As a side note, renders in DaVinci Resolve seemed to be up to 10% slower.

Did you ever found a solution? I'm in the same situation, different card (Asus RX 570 Expedition), annoying fan start/stop.

"Fan Speed(%)"=0
"Core Clock(MHz)"=301
"Memory Clock(MHz)"=300
"GPU Activity(%)"=0
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=50
"Total Power(W)"=88

Most GPU's will be fine below 85°, chips are designed for max temperatures like 109°. My dual screen setup where I scale down text a little use 140W, turning 1 screen of - it only use 62W. temperatures are between 48° and 56° degrees celcius.

Main goal should be to keep overall average temperature well below 85° - preferable below Med Temp 65°, maybe rearrange cabinet fan's so more ambient air are removed from cabinet. see July 22nd 2019 - those Min, Med, High and Max in red box are pulled from Video Card BIOS and used to trigger FAN - In one post it was NOT recommended to change these values, but it is possible by writing new BIOS settings.

Water cooling kits exist for RX580, but I bought/rearranged FAN's so majority of FAN's pulled ambient air out of cabinet

Most GPU's will be fine below 85°, chips are designed for max temperatures like 109°. My dual screen setup where I scale down text a little use 140W, turning 1 screen of - it only use 62W. temperatures are between 48° and 56° degrees celcius.
[...]

It does not explain why temps and monitored power consumption are much higher than in Windows. From my readings, power consumption might be misread by sensor kexts, but higher temps are real.

It does not explain why temps and monitored power consumption are much higher than in Windows. From my readings, power consumption might be misread by sensor kexts, but higher temps are real.
Are you 100% sure that resolution are the same, Actually Settings/Display says "Using a scaled resolution may affect performance" so try play with Larger Text vs. More Space

Are you 100% sure that resolution are the same, Actually Settings/Display says "Using a scaled resolution may affect performance" so try play with Larger Text vs. More Space
Resolution are the same in Windows and macOS. In macOS I dont get this message about scaled resolution, maybe because I've already set the resolution to the native resolution of my monitor (2560x1440p) with its highest refresh rate (144Hz).

Resolution are the same in Windows and macOS. In macOS I dont get this message about scaled resolution, maybe because I've already set the resolution to the native resolution of my monitor (2560x1440p) with its highest refresh rate (144Hz).
Did you select the Scaled option or "Default for display" in Settings/Display?

Try setting FrameBuffer to Orinoco.

Did you select the Scaled option or "Default for display" in Settings/Display?
I'm with Default for display but I get the exat same result if I switch to scaled with the same rsolution. My monitor is not HiDPI by the way (2560x1440 for 27" is not HiDPI, right?)

Try setting FrameBuffer to Orinoco.
Thanks, I'll give it a try maybe, even though I dont use more than one monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back