GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I will probably invest in a decent GPU sometime soon. It will be an upgrade from intel HD4000.

My uses:

• Adobe CS6
  • Moderate Gaming
  • Maybe video editing

What would you guys recommend me getting?

I would say a nVidia 670GTX or 770GTX is a pretty inexpensive way to go, and won't cost you too much. 670GTX will prob run you $350, and the 770GTX is just over $400. Both will game fine, and should be good for any editing that you though at it.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the help…now you gave me choiceso_O
Which one would you say is the best bang for my buck? I will save $400 but I would rather spend the $350 if the performance gain is only like 5% or so.

Don't buy the 670 just yet. The newest GTX 760 *should* work in OS X and has comparable performance to the GTX 670. The 760 has just been released, so hopefully we will see some people try it out within a week or so.

I agree, if you can wait, see how the 760 does and where the price falls. It will most likely work fine.

Maybe wait until the 760, it should be a card to well suit your needs. Although the GTX 770 is an absolute beast, and it will certainly future proof you, especially if you decided to add another monitor.

If you do choose one, the Asus brand cards (with Direct Cu2 or something) of the best cooling and longevity solutions in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back