Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare-OC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
My mac crashes randomly, I can't find a pattern. There's a .gpurestart log each time.

Attached are the logs from the most recent crash. I wasn't even on the computer. Can anyone make sense of these?

This is happening on two different installs: Catalina w/ Clover and now Monterey w/ Opencore.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• GPU Restart Logs.zip
    275.5 KB · Views: 30
I had gpurestarts once in a while on Mojave. Haven't seen them In BS or Monterey, I think.

Maybe an OC update has fixed them? Just guessing.

I'm on the latest OC unfortunately!
Maybe an OC update has fixed them? Just guessing.
On Windows I ran both PRIME95 and Furmark stress tests with the requested settings for 10min with no issues.

Then on macOS I ran just PRIME95 for 23 minutes before it crashed, and it made GPURestart crash logs, even though the GPU wasn't being stressed! So it's possible that the GPURestarts aren't from the GPU (I guess?).

As a result, my current test is to try disabling XMP, so I'm running at Auto settings (2400 1.2V instead of 3600 1.35V)

The last several crashes I've had were when I stepped away for 30min... so when my computer was sleeping.

Last edited:
The last several crashes I've had were when I stepped away for 30min... so when my computer was sleeping.
Sounds like it could be something faulty causing the crash. Possibly bad RAM or maybe a bad PSU? You could try running Memtest and see what comes up.

Thanks for your response @Middleman !

Ok, I did just get an RMA accepted for my PSU, so that's nice. So I don't need to go through this process here?:

Because I'd love to skip adding all that junk if I don't have to!

Although I did just do the 1st step and run all these in Terminal... do I just set them each to '1' to undo this?

sudo pmset autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset powernap 0
sudo pmset standby 0
sudo pmset proximitywake 0
sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back