Contribute
Register

GPU Related Kernel Panic - Skylake i7-6700K Sierra 10.12.5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuhung, thank you for the suggestion! Do you know where I can find the X86PlatformPluginInjector and a guide to implement? I am feeling like all of this is getting over my head quickly, and I don't want to break the machine any further!

I think we should move to below link for further discussion, all the material you need are here.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-hwp-enable.214915/page-9

Edit: forgot to attach tiny ssdt for enable X86PlatformPluginIn

Attachments

• SSDT-tiny.aml
    98 bytes · Views: 110
Last edited:
Shuhung, ok thanks for adding that file. How did I do?
My power gadget doesn't look anything like yours. but the temperature is low and the overall power consumption isn't bad. Did I put the tiny PM in the wrong spot? Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 12.41.50 AM.png
Would you happen to have any insight into my USB configuration problem?

Thank you!!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
Shuhung, ok thanks for adding that file. How did I do?
My power gadget doesn't look anything like yours. but the temperature is low and the overall power consumption isn't bad. Did I put the tiny PM in the wrong spot?View attachment 262396

Thank you!!

Tiny ssdt only enable X86PlatformPlugin, need to install X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext, you already has ssdt-pr.aml, remove tiny ssdt. Change CsrAtivConfig to 0x67 and install attached kext to L/E, should work.

Attatched kext for iMac 17,1
Mac-65CE76090165799A

Attachments

• X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext.zip
    43.5 KB · Views: 59

If use usb port limit patch should limit max ports to match your mobo layout, like 83bd74ff ffff1b 26 ports to 83bd74ff ffff13 18 ports, or use customer ssdt (patched ssdt xh_rvp08) instead of usb ports limit patch, should be the best.

Usb ports limit need change when system is upgrade to new version but customer ssdt not.

Well, I think I broke it - I have no idea how to get back in! Using a backup config didn't work, and neither did blocking the x86PlatformPluginInjector

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 2.04.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 2.04.11 AM.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 74
Well, I think I broke it - I have no idea how to get back in! Using a backup config didn't work, and neither did blocking the x86PlatformPluginInjector

Try to boot from safe mode -x, x86PlatformPluginInjector only action as dummy kext, inject system definition plist properties to system, does not cause system panic.

I think I found the problem with the panic - while booting with the latest platform inject kext I got from you, There is a panic - was I supposed to rename the plist within that kext the iMac 17,1 system definition as well?

I think I found the problem with the panic - while booting with the latest platform inject kext I got from you, There is a panic - was I supposed to rename the plist within that kext the iMac 17,1 system definition as well?

Change system definition from iMac 17,1 to other system definitons will not cause system panic, except MacPro 5,1, attached kext already use iMac 17,1 Mac-65CE76090165799A, indeed it is base on iMac 17,1 mixed settings with MBP 13,2 and MBP 14,3 plists settings, I posted this kext to "Skylake HWP enable" thread, it also support other definitions just rename plist within kext, no system panics reported.

Edit: Try to update FakeSMC, maybe caused newer system definition plist settings.

Last edited:
That has to be what I did wrong! When I look in the kext package contents for the plist, there is two - an info.plist and a Mac-65CE76090165799A.plist - should I delete one of them? They both have different info. Im sorry to keep bothering you, I am just now throughly confused.
Thank you again, I can't believe how helpful people are on this forum!

That has to be what I did wrong! When I look in the kext package contents for the plist, there is two - an info.plist and a Mac-65CE76090165799A.plist - should I delete one of them? They both have different info. Im sorry to keep bothering you, I am just now throughly confused.
Thank you again, I can't believe how helpful people are on this forum!

Do not delete any .plist, if you change SMBIOS definition, need to change smbiosxxx.plist within kext to match your sysdef and install x86PlatformPluginInjector again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back